Post by onefish » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:28 pm

Hi, I am looking at setting up an opencart web store and researching the best hosting option. I googled around but couldn't really find an answer to RAM and processor requirments for opencart. I am looking at cloudways for hosting and I jumped onto an online chat with someone there. I'm not convinced they knew what they were talking about though and was looking for some additional verification if possible. He said that I would need their $34/m plan (2GB RAM, 2 Core processor, 40GB Storage, 3TB bandwidth). It sounds a bit excessive to me though as we are only expecting 2000-3000 visits a week and probably 1-2 GB of storage would be plenty.

Is anybody using opencart on Cloudways and do you think I could get away with a cheaper plan?

Cheers!

Post by onefish » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:31 am

Anybody out there?

Post by agatha65 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:05 am

2000-3000 visits a week
up to 10-12 000 products
~ 2GB storage (depends on your product images and image optimization)
fits to the most shared hosting basic plans.
I would recommend http://coolicehost.com/ because of their good servers and the price is EUR2.98/m
just pick your location - they have servers in Europe and North America

Suppliers Module - XML, CSV, XLS Product Feed Import and Update
Rich Snippets | Facebook Open Graph Meta Tags | WebP Images

Location - Canada, QC

Post by onefish » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:05 pm

Thanks Agatha, so no need to go the cloud hosing route? It would be best if the servers were in Australia as most of the traffic will be from Australia. I will do some more research, so far it seems Aussie servers start at about $30/m.

Post by straightlight » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:25 pm

onefish wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:05 pm
Thanks Agatha, so no need to go the cloud hosing route? It would be best if the servers were in Australia as most of the traffic will be from Australia. I will do some more research, so far it seems Aussie servers start at about $30/m.
Cloud servers should only be a main priority for storage environment. If storage or project publication to the public is not a priority for you, then using the cloud would not be a necessity for your objectives. Opencart does not require to use the clouds force-based as it can be ran as a stand-alone platform still at this day.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON