Post by jppower175 » Thu May 03, 2018 4:24 am

VERY new to opencart(this afternoon new). Trying to install a few extenstions but when I try and upload the .zip file I get an invalid file type. Searched for documentation but only finding 2.* docs. Some direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Post by Johnathan » Thu May 03, 2018 10:33 pm

The file extension must be .ocmod.zip to use the extension installer. Most extensions download in that format, but if there's just .zip at the end, try unzipping the extension files to see if there's an .ocmod.zip inside. Most extensions should also come with installation instructions, so make sure you read those.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by xiantropist » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:28 pm

Hi,
I am very new myself to Opencart and I have the very same problem.
No matter, which extension, I try to install, I always receive this error message: Invalid file type!
Surely, I make a mistake.
But I don't find any options left.
Can you help me?
Thank you,
Oli

Post by Johnathan » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:25 am

If you're absolutely sure you're uploading the .ocmod.zip bundle, I'm not sure why it would give you that error. I haven't heard of others with this issue, but perhaps someone else will chime in.

If not, you may need to hire someone to get it fixed on your installation. If you need to find a developer, you should post a request in the OpenCart "Commercial Support" forum, which is checked by a number of OpenCart developers. You can also try checking out the OpenCart "Partners" area.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator