Post by AJStubzy » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:02 am

Hi, i am running a OC 3.0.2.0 install with the default PayPal with Braintree module as provided. I have managed to setup the module correctly, however I am unable to get the module working with a Multi store setup.

If I attempt to order a product via the Sandbox in either store, PayPal does not show the store name as defined in OC as a return link, it always gets this from the PayPal settings. Is their any way to change this, so it shows the store name from the OC settings. Currently, the way it is currently running, customers are going to get confused when their ordering from Store 2, but PayPal is saying Cancel and return to Store 1.

Also, on the same note, is their any way to setup the Soft or Hard descriptors so customers know which store they ordered from. Again, if a customer sees a charge from Store 1 on their credit card, when they have ordered from Store 2 - This is going to create a high risk of charge-backs.

I really want to get this sorted, as i love the OC layout and functionality. And really don't want to change to another setup.

Post by Johnathan » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:53 pm

If you can't get the built-in payment method sorted, I have a commercial Braintree Payment Gateway extension that has existed for far longer. I don't believe it has the PayPal issue you mentioned, but if it does, just contact me for support and I'll fix it.

For the statement descriptor, I think there's a field that you can fill in to change that --- my extension doesn't currently do that, but if it's possible I can help you get it working as part of the free extension support. Just contact me after purchasing. You can do that here:

www.getclearthinking.com/contact

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by AJStubzy » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:27 am

Thanks @Johnathan for your recommendation, however the built in *Free* module works fine, just needs some fine tweeks from the developers.

On a positive note, after days of searching and researching the Braintree/Paypal developer documents, i have managed to get the return link to appear with the correct store name. I'll add the changes needed below for any other users whom need this.

Edit catalog/view/theme/default/template/extension/payment/pp_braintree.twig

below enableShippingAddress: true,
add displayName: "{{ current_store_name }}",

Edit catalog/controller/extension/payment/pp_braintree.php

below $this->load->language('extension/payment/pp_braintree');
add $data['current_store_name'] = $this->config->get('config_name');

This will change the return link from PayPal to the store name. I'm still looking into the Soft/Hard descriptors, however if anyone can point me into the right direction, I'll appreciate the help.

Post by Johnathan » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:16 pm

No worries, just wanted to mention it as an option if you couldn't get the built-in one working. Thanks for posting the edit you found for others.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator