|Extension Name||Weight-Based Shipping||Rating|
|Date Added||23 April 2011||Request Support|
|Date Modified||7 March 2014||Report extension|
OpenCart Versions: 1.4.8 - 1.5.6.x
Demo Links: Front Demo and Admin Demo
This extension improves upon the default Weight Based Shipping method, allowing you to utilize both regular weight-based rates as well as weight-based formulas. This is useful when you need to calculate per-unit rates, such as charging $X.XX per pound; this can be used to set simple individual product shipping costs, by charging $0.01 per 0.01 unit of weight. Additional improvements compared to the default module include:
- Upload and go — modifies no core files.
- Take advantage of the easy-to-use admin panel interface, with the ability to directly edit all front-end language text. Examples of how to set up shipping rates are also included right in the admin panel.
- Restrict the shipping method from appearing based on store, currency, customer group and geo zone.
- Set the shipping charge as a flat rate or as a percentage of the sub-total, taxed sub-total, or total.
- Utilize 0.00 costs to give Free Shipping once a specific bracket is reached.
- Choose to have the final charge be the highest cost bracket reached, or the cumulative total of all brackets reached.
- Adjust the final cost by setting additional, minimum, and/or maximum values, or round it to a nearest value of your choosing.
- Enter cost brackets all at once by pasting data directly from a spreadsheet application.
For extension support, please contact Clear Thinking
For more useful extensions, visit OpenCartX
|WeightBasedShipping155.2.zip||v1.4.8, v1.4.8b, v1.4.9, v126.96.36.199, v188.8.131.52, v184.108.40.206, v220.127.116.11, v18.104.22.168, v1.5.0, v22.214.171.124, v126.96.36.199, v188.8.131.52, v184.108.40.206, v220.127.116.11, v1.5.1, v18.104.22.168, v22.214.171.124, v126.96.36.199, v188.8.131.52, v1.5.2, v184.108.40.206, v1.5.3, v220.127.116.11, v1.5.4, v18.104.22.168, v1.5.5, v22.214.171.124, v1.5.6, v126.96.36.199||[ Download ]|
Weight-Based Shipping Instructions
Author: Clear Thinking, LLC
1. Backup your OpenCart installation, just to be safe.
2. Using an FTP application, upload the contents of the "upload" folder to
the root of your OpenCart installation. No core files are overwritten. For
further information on how to upload files via FTP, view this forum topic:
3. Log in to the admin panel and click on:
Extensions > Shipping > Weight-Based Shipping > Install
4. For help with the extension settings, you can hover over the yellow ?
bubbles in the admin panel. You can also click the "Show Examples" button at
the bottom of the page to display some examples of how to set up rates.
5. Since it is now unnecessary, if you want to hide the built-in Weight Based
Shipping from the list of shipping methods in Extensions > Shipping, then
rename the file:
6. Note: If you set a very high number of rates and/or cost brackets, in order
to store the data properly the extension will automatically change the field
type of the "value" column in the "setting" table from TEXT to MEDIUMTEXT. In
testing, there was no performance decrease due to this change, but feel free
to send an e-mail if you have any questions.
7. Note: If you notice your rates getting cut off in the middle of a rate,
your server likely has a limit set on the maximum number of input variables on
a page. To fix this, you'll need to add the following to both your /php.ini
and /admin/php.ini files:
max_input_vars = 9999;
If this doesn't seem to work, you need to contact your web host and ask them
to allow you to override the default server setting of 1000.