|Extension Name||Smart Search||Rating|
|Date Added||10 July 2011||Request Support|
|Date Modified||21 November 2014||Report extension|
Current Version: v200.1 (release notes)
OpenCart Versions: 1.5.0.x - 2.0.0.x
Improve the accuracy of the search on your OpenCart site! Smart Search will return the most relevant results by performing a search of the selected product fields in four phases: (1) products with the exact phrase, (2) products with ALL keywords, correctly spelled, (3) products with ALL keywords, possibly misspelled, (4) products with ANY keywords, possibly misspelled.
- Upload and go — utilizes vQmod so no core file modifications are necessary.
- Compatible with the OpenCart 2.0 Extension Installer.
- 100% compatible with any custom theme.
- Choose which product fields to search within: name, description, meta tag description, meta tag keywords, tags, model, SKU, UPC, EAN, JAN, ISBN, MPN, location, manufacturer name, attribute group, attribute name, attribute value, option name, and/or option value.
- Automatically display search results right from the search bar with the included Live Search functionality.
- Choose the default sorting for products: date added, date available, date modified, model, name, price, quantity in stock, rating, sort order, times purchased, or times viewed.
- Set a minimum number of results to display, so customers always have more than a few results to choose from.
- Optionally search for simple plurals, for misspelled words in searches (including setting the misspelling tolerance), and within a category's sub-categories.
- Select how often to refresh the keyword cache and the misspelling cache: hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly.
- Make pre-search replacements on the search terms, such as replacing hyphens with spaces or commonly misspelled product names with correct ones.
- Automatically index your database tables with a single click, improving the speed of searches.
- Enable a testing mode to view how long queries are taking on your site.
|SmartSearch200.1.ocmod.zip||1.5.0, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 1.5.1, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 1.5.2, 220.127.116.11, 1.5.3, 18.104.22.168, 1.5.4, 22.214.171.124, 1.5.5, 126.96.36.199, 1.5.6, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124||[ Download ]|
"Smart Search" Instructions
Author: Clear Thinking, LLC
1. Backup your OpenCart installation, just to be safe.
2. If using OpenCart 2.0 or later, you can install the extension by using the
built-in Extension Installer. First, make sure you've entered the correct FTP
information for your site in the System > Settings > FTP area. Then, browse to
Extensions > Extension Installer, click "Upload", and select the .zip file for
If using a version earlier than 2.0, you'll need to use an FTP application to
upload the files. After unzipping the .zip file, you will upload the contents
of the "upload" folder to the root of your OpenCart installation. (Note: make
sure you're uploading the CONTENTS, and not the "upload" folder itself.)
For further information on how to upload files via FTP, view this forum topic:
3. Log in to the admin control panel and click on:
Extensions > Modules > Smart Search > Install
4. All settings are automatically saved when changed. You can tell they are
being saved when they turn yellow, signaling that they cannot be edited while
they are recorded to the database.
5. For help with the extension settings, please carefully read the help text
for each admin panel setting. If you have further questions, please contact
Clear Thinking at the above e-mail address.
6. After installing the extension for the first time, all searches performed
by customers will be stored in the database. Visiting the extension admin
panel after enabling the extension will display these searches. They can be
filtered by date and search query, as well as exported to a CSV file.