|Extension Name||Smart Search||Rating|
|Date Added||10 July 2011||Request Support|
|Date Modified||28 November 2013||Report extension|
OpenCart Versions: 1.4.8 - 1.5.6.x
Demo Links: Front Demo, Admin Demo, and Large Database (200,000 Product) Demo
Improve the search function of your OpenCart site! Smart Search always returns the most relevant results, by performing a search of the selected product fields in four phases: (1) products with the exact phrase, (2) products with ALL keywords, correctly spelled, (3) products with ALL keywords, possibly misspelled, and (4) products with ANY keywords, possibly misspelled.
- Upload and go — utilizes vQmod so no core file modifications are necessary.
- 100% compatible with any custom theme.
- Choose which product fields to search within: name, description, meta tag description, meta tag keywords, tags, model, SKU, UPC, EAN, JAN, ISBN, MPN, location, manufacturer name, attribute group, attribute name, attribute value, option name, and/or option value.
- Automatically display search results right from the search bar with the included AJAX search functionality.
- Choose the default sorting for products: date added, date available, date modified, model, name, price, quantity in stock, rating, sort order, times purchased, or times viewed.
- Set a minimum number of results to display, so customers always have more than a few results to choose from.
- Optionally search for simple plurals, for misspelled words in searches, and within a category's sub-categories.
- Set the tolerance for misspelled words with an easy-to-use percentage scheme.
- Select how often to refresh the cache used for misspelled word searches: hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly.
- Make pre-search replacements on the search terms, such as replacing hyphens with spaces or commonly misspelled product names with correct ones.
- Automatically index your database tables with a single click, improving the speed of searches.
- Enable a testing mode to view how long queries are taking on your site.
For extension support, please contact Clear Thinking
For more useful extensions, visit OpenCartX
|SmartSearch156.4.zip||v1.4.8, v1.4.8b, v1.4.9, v220.127.116.11, v18.104.22.168, v22.214.171.124, v126.96.36.199, v188.8.131.52, v1.5.0, v184.108.40.206, v220.127.116.11, v18.104.22.168, v22.214.171.124, v126.96.36.199, v1.5.1, v188.8.131.52, v184.108.40.206, v220.127.116.11, v18.104.22.168, v1.5.2, v22.214.171.124, v1.5.3, v126.96.36.199, v1.5.4, v188.8.131.52, v1.5.5, v184.108.40.206, v1.5.6||[ Download ]|
Smart Search Instructions
Author: Clear Thinking, LLC
1. Backup your OpenCart installation, just to be safe.
2. Make sure vQmod is installed. If you do not have vQmod installed, you can
download it for free from www.vqmod.com
3. Using an FTP application, upload the contents of the "upload" folder to
the root of your OpenCart installation. No core files are overwritten. For
further information on how to upload files via FTP, view this forum topic:
4. Log in to your store admin panel and navigate to:
Extensions > Modules > Smart Search > Install
5. Navigate to Users > User Groups and select the user group(s) that will
require access to the Smart Search settings and report. Check the boxes next
to "module/smartsearch" and "report/smartsearch" for both Access Permission
and Modify Permission.
6. Smart Search searches the selected product fields in four phases:
� Phase 1: Finding products that contain the keywords as an exact phrase.
If nothing is found, it will move on to Phase 2.
� Phase 2: Finding products that contain ALL of the keywords, correctly
spelled. If nothing is found, it will move on to Phase 3.
� Phase 3: Finding products that contain ALL of the keywords, within the
misspelling tolerance level. If nothing is found, it will move on to Phase 4.
� Phase 4: Finding products that contain ANY of the keywords, within the
misspelling tolerance level.
7. For help with the extension settings, please read the help text for each
admin panel setting.
8. To record customer searches and view a report of the Smart Search History,
click on "View Smart Search History" in the Smart Search settings (or select
"Smart Search History" from the Reports menu). Viewing the report for the
first time will create the necessary database table, and all subsequent
searches will be recorded in the database. They can then be viewed and
exported to a CSV file from within the report.