|Extension Name||Form Builder||Rating|
|Date Added||19 July 2011||Request Support|
|Date Modified||25 March 2015||Report extension|
Previously called Flexible Form
Current Version: v156.1 (release notes)
OpenCart Versions: 1.5.1.x - 1.5.6.x
Quickly and easily create any kind of form you want for your OpenCart store. The Form Builder extension can create forms, record responses to those forms, e-mail the results to the administrator and/or the customer, and display the recorded responses in a report. Start expanding the information you collect from customers by creating contact forms, quote request pages, reservation forms, surveys, and more!
- Upload and go — requires no modification to core files.
- Drag and drop fields to add or reorder them, choosing from a variety of field types (including captcha, checkbox, date, time, e-mail address, file upload, hidden data, radio button, select dropdown, multi-select box, text input, password input, textarea input, and submit button).
- Lay out the form page however you want by adding column breaks, row breaks, and HTML blocks just like any other field type.
- Pull information from the URL query string into form fields, including the product name and model from a product_id in the URL.
- Set all front-end language for the form directly through the admin panel, with multi-lingual support.
- Place forms anywhere, choosing from a standard module position, or embedding the form on any page by pasting a single line of code in the relevant template file. All form validation and submission is done using ajax, which means it can safely be used on any page you want.
- Create a dedicated form page using the "Create Form Page" button. This creates a layout, information page, and associated module for the form with a single click, giving it all the properties of an Information page, including SEO URLs and the ability to display in the list of bottom footer links.
- Display a success message and/or redirect the customer to a page of your choosing after successful form submission.
- Customize both the admin e-mail and customer e-mail messages, including any HTML content you want and the ability to embed form responses and store information within the message.
- View a report of responses for a form, with both individual response listings and a summary of responses.
|FormBuilder156.1.zip||1.5.1, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 1.5.2, 184.108.40.206, 1.5.3, 220.127.116.11, 1.5.4, 18.104.22.168, 1.5.5, 22.214.171.124, 1.5.6, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11||[ Download ]|
Flexible Form Instructions
Author: Clear Thinking, LLC
1. Backup your OpenCart installation, just to be safe.
2. Using an FTP application, upload the contents of the "upload" folder to the
root of your OpenCart installation. No core files are overwritten. If you are
not familiar with how to upload files via FTP, please view this forum topic:
3. If upgrading from the "Flexible Form" extension, you will need to recreate
all your forms due to the extension having been completely rewritten. To do
this, first click "Uninstall" in Extensions > Modules > Flexible Form, and
then delete the /admin/controller/module/form.php file. (You can leave the
other extension files on the server, as they won't affect anything.) Since the
files and database entries are separate for Flexible Form and Form Builder,
you can also run both extensions simultaneously if desired.
4. To activate the extension, log in to the admin panel and click on:
Extensions > Modules > Form Builder > Install
5. To create a form, click on "Edit" to view the extension page, then click
"Create New Form". Help text is provided for each form setting directly
within the admin panel. For help with the field types for a form, first drag
one to your field list, then click the blue "i" button for information about
the settings for that field type. Note that each field is required to have a
"Key" filled in if you want responses to be recorded or e-mailed.
6. To view a report of the responses to the form, navigate to Extensions >
Modules > Form Builder and click on the "Report" icon for a form. On this page
you can view both individual responses and a summary of responses.
7. To copy or delete a form, navigate to Extensions > Modules > Form Builder,
then click on the appropriate button for the action. You can also enable and
disable forms through this page, or edit them by clicking on their name or the
8. If you want to add a direct link for the Form Builder page to the Catalog
menu in the admin panel, perform the following edit:
<li><a href="<?php echo $information; ?>"><?php echo $text_information; ?></a></li>
<li><a href="index.php?route=module/form_builder&token=<?php echo $this->session->data['token']; ?>">Form Builder</a></li>