CR2 Alter Menu
|Extension Name||CR2 Alter Menu||Rating|
|Date Added||24 August 2011||Request Support|
|Date Modified||31 July 2014||Report extension|
- advanced shortcodes for automatic inclusion of built-in OpenCart content (added in 0.9.5)
> store categories / top categories (via drop down menu)
> specific category and its sub-categories (via drop down menu) (added in 0.9.6)
> store information pages / footer information pages (via drop down menu)
> store manufacturers (via drop down menu)
> automatic link for account, cart and contact pages
- mobile menu support for responsive themes (added in 0.9.6)
- define your own links in the main menu (links to pages, categories, areas of OpenCart)
- add the custom links by appending them to the existing menu, either at the beginning or the end of the menu
- completely replace the existing menu with custom links
- all link labels (the visible text in the link) are localizable (you will be able to add different labels for each language defined in your shop)
- advanced configuration making the module compatible with almost all custom themes, as long as the area containing the menu has and ID or a site-wide unique classname
(!) Please read the important notes in the Documentation tab.
- - No dropdown/submenus for custom items - custom links cannot be added as submenu/dropdown items
- Appending mode is likely to be less compatible with custom themes than replacing mode.
- The module will display the same menu on all stores in a multi-store setup.
- Mobile menu currently supports only <select> containers.
Support and configuration manual: http://www.cryoutcreations.eu/alter-menu/
tested with OpenCart 1.5.1.x to 184.108.40.206 (and any version in between except 1.5.5, which requires one line change).
1.5.0.x and 1.4.x are not supported.
|version 0.9.7||1.5.1, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 1.5.2, 126.96.36.199, 1.5.3, 188.8.131.52, 1.5.4, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 1.5.6, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52||[ Download ]|
|version 0.9.6||1.5.1, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 1.5.2, 22.214.171.124, 1.5.3, 126.96.36.199, 1.5.4, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 1.5.6, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199||[ Download ]|
1. Before buying the module, test that your theme supports displaying modules in either the Content Top or the Content Bottom area of the shop on all of the pages. This can be done with any of the already integrated modules. Some themes, due to their highly customized nature and lack of developer interest in compatibility, do not load modules on all but some of the pages (routes/layouts), and as a result the module will only be loaded and the menu will only be processed on those pages, and not on all of the shop's pages.
2. Although the module has been tested on various custom themes and is designed to be very scallable, we cannot guarantee that it will work on any theme. Some theme modifications may be required to make the module work.
3. The module relies on OpenCart's Layouts feature to display itself on all pages of the shop. If (some or all of) the layouts are deleted, the module will not be able to modify the menu on those pages that do not have a layout defined.
- Extract the downloaded archive
- Connect using a FTP program to your hosting/server account and browse the root of your OpenCart installation folder.
- Upload the two extracted folders, "admin" and "catalog" to OpenCart's root folder. You should not get any file replacement warnings. If you do, double check to make sure you are not replacing any critical files (if you had an older version of the modules already installed, you will need to replace the old files).
- Enter OpenCart's administration menu, Extensions > Modules and "Install" the module
- Configure the module to suit your needs (remember to Enabled it), save, then refresh the shop page to see the changes.
- Read the online documentation for details on configuring the module.
This modules does not require translations for the frontend (shop side). You only need to copy and edit the translation file if you use a non-english admin interface. The english translation file is located at "admin/language/english/module/cr2altermenu.php"
The module should work right away with most themes without to need to copy/edit the template file. Heavily customized themes may be partly or incompatible with the module. If you encounter problems or menu glitches, do not hesitate to contact us.
The module is safe to use no matter which theme you are using. No permanent changes are performed to the themes. If the menu does not appear as it should be after the activation of this module, just disable the module and contact us.