Shipping Insurance / Package Insurance
|Extension Name||Shipping Insurance / Package Insurance||Rating|
|Date Added||29 August 2011||Report extension|
|Date Modified||13 February 2013|
Supported OpenCart Versions:
All v1.4.x & 1.5.x versions
What does it do:
This contrib adds a new Insurance option during checkout.
If the customer wants insurance, he can choose to enable it during checkout
The insurance value will appear as a new order total line based on an admin configurable rate.
Multiple rates can be setup for multiple totals.
Can also be used for alternative options at checkout (Gift Wrap, Expedited packaging, donations, etc) by simply changing the language files.
You must have vQmod installed (http://vQmod.com)
* Does not rely on specific shipping method or payment method
* Can be used as Shipping Insurance or just package insurance
* Rates are based on subtotal.
* Supports multiple rates (subtotal:cost, subtotal:cost, etc)
* Can be static fee or percentage based fee.
* Automatically applied to the cart total.
* Supports Geo Zones
shipping insurance, package insurance, insurance, payment insurance, insure, general insurance, insurance addon, insurance mod, insurance fee, fee for insurance, insured fee
|Generic Insurance||v1.4.7, v1.4.8, v1.4.8b, v1.4.9, v18.104.22.168, v22.214.171.124, v126.96.36.199, v188.8.131.52, v184.108.40.206, v1.5.0, v220.127.116.11, v18.104.22.168, v22.214.171.124, v126.96.36.199, v188.8.131.52, v1.5.1, v184.108.40.206, v220.127.116.11, v18.104.22.168, v22.214.171.124, v1.5.2, v126.96.36.199, v1.5.3, v188.8.131.52, v1.5.4, v184.108.40.206, v220.127.116.11||[ Download ]|
How to install it:
1) Install vQmod if not installed
2) Unzip and upload the contents to the root directory of your OpenCart installation, preserving directory structure
-- NO FILES OVERWRITTEN
3) From the admin menu, go to 'Admin->Users->User Groups'. Edit Top Administrators
4) Find and check the entries for any unchecked files in both modify and access. save.
5) From the admin menu, go to 'Extensions->Order Total'.
6) Install the module, and click edit to configure.
7) Adjust the Sort Order to where you want it to be.
BE SURE IT IS AFTER "TAX" AND BEFORE "TOTAL"
8) If you have a custom theme you will need to edit the vqmod/xml/insurance.xml file and change "default" to your theme
9) THIS MOD INCLUDES 2 VERSIONS OF THE VQMOD XML SCRIPT:
- insurance.xml <---- 1.4.x
- insurance-15x.xml <---- 1.5.x
BE SURE YOU DELETE THE ONE YOU DO NOT NEED
Tags shipping insurance, package insurance, insurance, payment insurance, insure, general insurance, insurance addon, insurance mod, insurance fee, fee for insurance, insured fee, qphoria, opencartguru