Vehicle Year Make Model Engine Filter
|Extension Name||Vehicle Year Make Model Engine Filter||Rating|
|Date Added||20 October 2011||Request Support|
|Date Modified||2 October 2014||Report extension|
Added version 2.7 with 126.96.36.199 compatibility. If you do not need the compatibility you would probably be better off sticking with the old version for now. I have tested the new version, but it's a large change to make it work with the new version and many places for bugs to creep in. I have not yet updated the multi-store version, but I will get to it soon.
** note that v27+ requres version 2.3.0 (the latest version) of vqmod. **
** note if you get a cannot redeclare error after installing clear your vqmod cache **
Added a multi-store version so that makes and models are limited to ones that are associated with products that are assigned to the current store. Only use this version if you need it as it will have some performance implications, though I hope they are minimal.
This mod allows you to add unlimted year make and model combinations to your products.
Unlike other year make model mods this is not a search mod. It is a filter mod. Once the customer selects a year make and model the entire site gets filtered by only the applicable products and categories. You can browse anywhere in the site and everything will be filtered.
- Unlimited year make model per product
- Not a search mod any browsing or searching done on the site once filter is set will be limited to applicable products.
- Filters products, categories, bestsellers, specials, featured, latest products
- Option to remember vehicle which sets a cookie so that the user does not have to select vehicle every time they visit your site.
- Set products as universal so they show up no matter what filter is selected.
- Adds a tab with a list of vehicles the product fits when applicable.
- Utilizes vqmod for upload and use install
- Includes import export script for easy adding of year make models to products.
- Filter by make only or make/model only etc.
- Choose where to go once filter is applied (home / search / reload current page)
Demo available HERE
Changelog moved HERE due to character limitation here.
Issue tracker HERE
|Vehicle-YMME-Multi-V2.19||1.5.1, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 1.5.2, 18.104.22.168, 1.5.3, 22.214.171.124, 1.5.4, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 1.5.6, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124||[ Download ]|
|Vehicle-YMME-V2.19||1.5.0, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 1.5.1, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 1.5.2, 184.108.40.206, 1.5.3, 220.127.116.11, 1.5.4, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 1.5.6, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11||[ Download ]|
The import/export page has been updated with new functionality. You can now add new data without erasing the old data, and you can now import using an alternate unique id such as model or mpn.
There are a few things to remember when using the import/export script.
- The add function only adds data. It is not an update script so it will not remove or change old data. If you want to do that you will have to use the empty data option and import all data, or update it manually in the product edit pages.
- The download will currently always use product_id as the unique identifier since that's how the data is stored in the database.
- When using an alternate unique id you must make sure that the field is actually unique across all your products. If multiple products have the same value for the field you choose then you will get unexpected behavior because all of the filters will get applied to the first product found with a matching value.
- Upload all files from the upload folder to the root of your opencart install.
- Log into the admin and goto system->users->user groups and edit top adminstrator. click the check all links on each section and save.
- In the admin goto Extensions->modules and install the YMM Filter module.
- Edit the YMM FIlter module.
- If you want all new products to get added as a universal product by default then select enabled on New Product Default to Universal.
(universal products always show up even when the site is filtered. to be used for things that fit every vehicle like say oil or something of that nature.)
- If you want to allow customers to set a cookie so they don't have to select a vehicle every time they return to your site then select enabled for Enable Remember Me option.
- Choose which filters you want to use. You can enable or disable the model year and engine. You should not disable the model and leave year or engine. If you do then you will have problems as both the year and engine flow from the model.
- Click Add Module button and setup the module for the position you want. Repeat for each page you want it to show up on. ( it looks a little goofy in the center column by default, but it is marked up and you can style it by changing ymm.css
- Goto Catalog->Products and either edit a product or click insert.
- Click on the YMM tab.
- For existing products the Universal Product checkmark should be checked, and if you enabled new products universal by default it will be checked for newly inserted products as well. Click to uncheck the checkbox. A table will show up.
- Click Add Year/Make/Model. A row will show up to enter make model first year and last year. Enter the information. If you have already entered information on other products the make and model fields will autocomplete. If you are on 18.104.22.168 they will also have the first option auto selected, so that once the desired result comes to the top you can simply hit tab and it will fill in the field and move to the next field. After you enter the last year field you can either click Add Year/Make/Model again and start over or if you tab it will automatically add a new row and focus the make field on the new row. When you've entered everything you need to click save.
- Goto Catalog->Edit Make/Model.
- You will see lists of makes and models. You can sort them by clicking on the header. You can search through them by typing in the corresponding search box. You can edit one by clicking on the name. You can delete using the delete link.
**warning be careful deleting as there currently is no check to see if there are any products using that make/model.
- Goto the frontend of the store. You will see the module in the position you set it to. It will have a dropdown for make with model and year disabled below it.
- Select a make. it will autopoulate associated models and enable the field. select a model. It will autopopulate available years and enable the field. Select a year and then click submit. The page will refresh and you will see your make model year instead of the dropdowns and a change vehicle link. You can now browse the site, and it will only show products and categories that either match your year/make/model, or are set as universal.
- To change the year/make/model or remove it and browse everything click on change vehicle link. It will refresh the page and remove the filters. You can browse the site unfiltered, or start over and choose another vehicle.
- If you do not want to show the vehicle list on the product page either do not upload vqmod/xml/Vehicle-on-product.xml or rename it to Vehicle-on-product.xml_