|Extension Name||Country-to-Currency Autodetect||Rating|
|Date Added||16 September 2010||Report extension|
|Date Modified||21 March 2013|
All v1.4.x and v1.5.x versions
What does it do:
This contrib adds a country check to automatically choose a currency based on the customer's ip address.
It uses an extensive list of country-to-currency code matching to show any supported currencies to the customer
* Uses IP lookup to get the customer's country
* Checks that the currency exists in opencart and sets it
* Country/Currency mapping can be easily changed at anytime
* Has 2 different lookup systems in place. If the first fails, it tries the second.
* Sets cookie to avoid lookup on each page reload. Cookie lasts until browser close
* Shows the country code quietly in the footer (shows * if using cookie version)
* Still Allows customer to change their currency to something else.
* You must have the currency installed for it to switch.
- Example, if you do not have GBP installed, but come from UK, then it will not automatically switch
* IP Lookup sometimes fails on 3rd world countries.
- If country cannot be found by lookup it returns 'XX'. In this case it will just load the default currency.
Tags: Currency by country, language currency, currency switch, country switch, currency locale, zone currency, geozone currency, country based currency, currencies, region currency
|Country Currency Mod||v1.4.8b, v1.4.9, v184.108.40.206, v220.127.116.11, v18.104.22.168, v22.214.171.124, v126.96.36.199, v1.5.0, v188.8.131.52, v184.108.40.206, v220.127.116.11, v18.104.22.168, v22.214.171.124, v1.5.1, v126.96.36.199, v188.8.131.52, v184.108.40.206, v220.127.116.11, v1.5.2, v18.104.22.168, v1.5.3, v22.214.171.124, v1.5.4, v126.96.36.199, v188.8.131.52||[ Download ]|
How to install it:
1) Unzip and upload the included "country_currency.php" file to the root directory of your OpenCart installation
2) a. EDIT: catalog/view/theme/YOURTHEME/template/common/footer.tpl
c. BEFORE, ADD:
<?php include('country_currency.php'); ?>
To change currency mapping:
1. EDIT: country_currency.php
2. In the Array, the layout is
country => currency
Using the 2-Letter ISO Country code and 3-Letter ISO Currency Code
Find your 2-Letter Country on the left side and change the 3-Letter ISO Currency Code on the left
Tags Currency by country, language currency, currency switch, country switch, currency locale, zone currency, geozone currency, country based currency, currencies, region currency, auto currency, automatic currency switch, currency switch by country, qphoria, opencartguru, whois