Google Analytics Expert - Complete E-commerce Analytics Tracking
|Extension Name||Google Analytics Expert - Complete E-commerce Analytics Tracking||Rating|
|Date Added||4 January 2012||Request Support|
|Date Modified||22 November 2013||Report extension|
Google Analytics Expert - Complete E-commerce Analytics Tracking with Goal & Funnel Reporting.
Also Features Event Tracking, Search Tracking, support for Google Adwords, Multi-Store compatibility & EU Cookie Law compliance. The most comprehensive Google Analytics support on opencart!
✯ Track successful Transactions and E-commerce data.
✯ Full E-commerce & Order tracking - see FULL product information from your site in Google Analytics
✯ Full Product & Product Options Tracking & Reporting including Product Category, Shipping Costs & Taxes
✯ Data for Model/SKU, Product Name, Quantity, Product Price, Category & everything you would want!
✯ Create a 'Purchase' Goal for Full Conversion reporting
✯ Funnel Visualisation so you can see exactly which stage of the checkout the users leave the checkout process
✯ Track Abandoned Funnels and see statistics for each hour, day, week or month.
✯ Track your OWN Site search results in Google Analytics
✯ Track Google AdWords conversions & see the Conversion Value in AdWords for each order
✯ Event Tracking to track clicks of the add to cart, add to compare & add to wishlist buttons/links on all relevant pages*
✯ Full Multistore support with separate GA tracking code for each website with full stats and data for each store.
✯ EU Cookie Law compliance built in to meet the latest EU legislation. (optional)
✯ Google Adwords Remarketing one click integration
✯ Compatible with the new Universal Analytics tracking method
✯ Exclude data sent to GA when you are logged in as admin
✔ VQMOD coded, no core files changed
✔ Easy to follow & clear instruction guide
✔ Compatible with the popular Shoppica, Sellegance, Spicylicious, Organica & 30+ other themes 'out of the box'! See Documentation tab for full list
✔ Compatible with ANY custom theme*
✔ Also compatible with Uber Checkout, Quick Checkout & ANY other checkout extension*
✔ Compatible with bingo's great checkout solutions (recommended) - One Page Checkout and One Step Checkout
* Some checkout funnel steps will be disabled with a one page checkout extension enabled.
* The Event Tracking features are only available for selected themes (see Documentation tab for full list) If you aren't using any of the listed themes but want the Event Tracking features, contact me. All other features will be fully functional.
This extension does everything & much more than all of the other Analytics extensions available on the OpenCart Extension store. An essential extension for anyone serious about their website data.
Don't settle for anything less! Get the full analytical knowledge and reports that you need to learn about your visitor behaviour and act upon it to channel sales and increase revenue.
Notice to existing users:
Please do not post any code related to the extension or questions related to issues with installation that you may have in the comments area or forum. Read the FAQs in the detailed installation instructions and if you still can't find a resolution please send me an email with full details of issue.
|Google Analytics Expert v5.2.2||v1.5.0, v184.108.40.206, v220.127.116.11, v18.104.22.168, v22.214.171.124, v126.96.36.199, v1.5.1, v188.8.131.52, v184.108.40.206, v220.127.116.11, v1.5.2, v18.104.22.168, v1.5.3, v22.214.171.124, v1.5.4, v126.96.36.199, v1.5.5, v188.8.131.52, v1.5.6||[ Download ]|
Full installation & upgrade instructions are included in the download file. No files are overwritten, vqmod for majority of installation.
Get data for each time a product has been added to the cart, added to compare or added to wishlist. You can filter these in your Google Analytics reports by the product name, event label, even action or event category (all automatically setup). Event tracking can be even further customised on request to track banner clicks and which pages the banners were on when clicked as well as any other event you want to track on the site. The Event Tracking features are only available for 32 of the most popular themes due to the amount of time it takes to customise the extension for new themes. The complete list of supported themes is: aquacart, beautyshop, bigshop, bootstrap, clearshop, default, eros, fashopper, fortuna, GALKA, Garmento, geccoshop, herbal, journal, leisure, metro, mi-mi-store, ModernStore, oceanic, organica, pav_plaza, pinshop, Sellegance, sellya, shoppica, shoppica2, simple, Spicylicious, SuperWood, theme013, themeglobal, Universum, ustore, vanityshop. In addition to this, the omtex & opmex mobile themes are integrated with every main theme for free. If you don't have any of the themes listed but still want the Event Tracking feature, contact me or see extension instructions.
Site Search Tracking
Find out what the most searched keywords, what users entered to refine their searches, break the results down by browser type, how long the user spent on the site after searching, how many pages the user viewed after a search and much more.
See which products were purchased the most, viewed the most, compared the most, see the quantity of products purchased per product, see full transaction data over a specified date range with revenue, tax & delivery breakdowns per transaction. See which categories made the most sales, see sales revenue per day & so much more.
All of this data attained from the extension can be broken down by year, month, week, day and even hour in Google Analytics interface.
- Now supports the majority of custom themes by default and the shoppica theme (separate download)
- Documentation updated
- Fixed an issue with the shoppica checkout not loading properly after customer registers.
- Uploaded separate version for OC v1.5.2x
-Fixed a coding issue in the xml file for all versions
-Changed the logout success file so that it does not share the same file as an order confirmation for better tracking.
-Fixed a coding issue in the xml file for v1.5.2x
-Added a Shoppica 1.5.2x version
-Added full support for product options, category name, shipping cost and tax reporting
-Fixed issue with both shoppica versions & the 1.5.2x version - please update if you have these installed.
-Fixed issue with GA code duplicating single products when the source code of success.tpl was viewed (although this still reported correctly to GA).
-Optimised sql queries which fixed issues on databases using a table prefix.
-Added multistore support
-Supports OC v1.5.3
-Fixed multistore to now support separate GA tracking code for each website with full stats and data for each store.
-NEW FEATURE - Added Event Tracking to track clicks of the add to cart, add to compare & add to wishlist buttons/links on all relevant pages.
-Simplified documentation installation procedure.
-Updated documents for clear instruction using GA's news layout and look.
-Fixed potential issue where event tracking was firing before the actual event causing an error
-Changed coding for some vqmod changes to ensure tracking number can be entered in admin
-Added event tracking to latest,bestseller & special modules
- Added EU Cookie Law compliance to meet the latest EU legislation. This is an optional install.
- Extension will now use SKU by default and if no SKU is present for the product ordered it will automatically revert to Model.
- Updated documentation
- Added automatic support for one step checkout & one page checkout from bingo
- If you have this anything after version 3.1 installed already, there is no need to upgrade
Update 26/07/12 - v3.4
- Fixed undefined index error when checkout doesn't require shipping - thanks for spotting that to tcalp
- Added extra width to cookie consent stylesheet so the Google Analytics message appears on one line
- Changed the cookie consent xml for shoppica2 so that message displays correctly in IE7 & 8
Update 30/07/12 - v3.4
- Added a missing character to xml file for the shoppica2 theme which was causing the add to cart button on the product pages to not work!
Update 21/08/12 - v3.5
- Fixed an issue where product option names and values were being duplicated for each product ordered
- Completely redesigned the documentation, added FAQs and contact links. This will be much easier to understand and work through now. YOU MUST READ IF UPGRADING
- Checked against opencart version 1.5.4x
- Added instructions for Google Adwords Remarketing tracking
- Fixed issue on some installations where code in vqmod couldn't be found causing extension to abort.
- Fixed an issue where product option names and values were being duplicated for each product ordered
If you have already upgraded to v3.5 and you are using the Shoppica or Shoppica 2 themes, please download the latest version and install the new xml file.
Update 30/08/12 - v3.6
- Fixed character escaping/encoding issue for the Event Tracking feature for products containing ' in the name. All operations will now work as expected.
- Changed character escaping/encoding on the success pages to ensure all data gets to GA, even if quotes and special characters are contained in the product name, sku, model, category or option data.
- Removed duplicated/old versions of the xml file from the upload directory for each version.
- Updated documentation
Update 03/10/12 - v3.7
- Re-coded the character escaping for quotes and special characters. This was causing errors and in some circumstances the extension stopped running due to the errors. If using v3.6, please update if you have been having problems.
- Added compatibility for Qphoria's Uber Checkout extension.
Update 16/11/12 - v3.8
- Optimised & reduced queries to improve performance
Update 28/01/13 - v3.9
- Removed need for logoutsuccess.tpl. If using Adwords tracking, conversions will only ever be registered after a successful order
- Updated documentation for help with PayPal issues
- Added fix for multi store options not appearing in settings (only applies to versions for opencart 1.5.5x)
Update 12/03/13 - v4.0
- Merged all versions into a single download file
- Added automatic integration with many of the most popular themes
- Updated how Google Adwords integrates to make it easer and quicker
- Updated FAQs for commonly asked questions
- Updated documentation
Update 15/03/13 - v4.1
- Fixed issue where no ecommerce data was sent when using onecheckout. If using v4.0 and onecheckout please upgrade
Update 22/03/13 - v4.2
- Added support for the fashopper theme
- Updated FAQs section to include help with PayPal standard auto return
Update 28/03/13 - v4.2.1
- Added support for the beautyshopper theme
- Fixed issue where no ecommerce data was sent when using quickcheckout
Update 18/04/13 - v4.2.2
- Added support for the bootstrap theme
Update 25/06/13 - v5.0
- Added support for the Garmento theme
- Added support for the mi-mi-store theme
- Added support for the pinshop theme
- Added compatibility with the new Universal Tracking from Google
- Big update to extension code and functionality making it even easier to install with less room for error! Now features controls in admin to quickly and confidently adjust settings.
Update 26/06/13 - v5.0.1
- Fixed goal funnel error in checkout
Update 04/07/13 - GA Expert v5.1.0
- Fixed issue with extension aborting in shoppica & shoppica2 when searched code doesn't exist
- Fixed error on success page if using quick checkout or one checkout
- Updated instructions with the correct analytics goal URL for quick checkout and one checkout
- Fixed error when changing currency or language on site with multiple options
- Fixed funnel tracking issue for quick checkout
- Rounded all figures to 2 decimal places for accurate reporting in analytics
- Fixed issue with unescaped quotes in store name that was stopping ecommerce data getting to Google Analytics
- Added support for the 'sellya' theme
Update 12/07/13 - GA Expert v5.1.1
- Added support for the 'eros' theme
- Fixed 'undefined variable' error ga expert settings for multistore
- Fixed the getdomain function to ensure it gets the domain of each store in a multistore setup,not just the main store
Update 24/07/13 - GA Expert v5.1.2
- Changed Reg Exp goal pattern in installation instructions which should cover all different checkout extensions that have a different success page URL
- Changed the getDomain function to run in admin once only instead of each catalog page load. Function will now run when Google Analytics Expert tab is opened in admin settings and domain value will be stored in database when the settings are saved that the catalog files can call on, reducing page load time.
Update 25/07/13 - GA Expert v5.1.3
- Fixed issue with adwords code which contained a non existent variable - please update to this version if you want to get adwords conversion tracking
- Checked compatibility with OC 1.5.6x
Update 30/07/13 - GA Expert v5.1.4
- Resolved issue with adwords code that was resulting in error on success page:
Can't use method return value in write context in /xxx/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-catalog_view_theme_default_template_common_success.tpl on line 96
Update 31/07/13 - GA Expert v5.1.5
- Fixed issue where some templates where not including all of the EU Cookie Consent code due to code not being present in template.
- Completely resolved the "Can't use method return value in write context" error
- Added extra setting in admin for adwords usage
Update 08/08/13 - GA Expert v5.1.6
- Added support for the 'journal' theme
- Fixed issue in admin which showed adwords conversion data as disabled when it had been set to enabled
Update 04/10/13 - GA Expert v5.1.7
- Added support for the 'vanityshop' theme
- Added support for the 'pav_plaza' theme
- Added support for the 'theme013' theme
- Added support for the 'herbal' theme
Update 16/10/13 - GA Expert v5.1.8
- [Correction] v5.1.7 also now has support for omtex & opmex mobile/tablet themes (OpenCart v1.5.2 - 1.5.6x ONLY)
- Fixed issue with omtex & opmex themes so that if they are not present the vqmod operatrions are skipped instead of producing an error
Update 30/10/13 - GA Expert v5.1.9
- Changed position of analytics transaction & adwords code on success page as it was causing a small positioning issue when the account module was enabled on the checkout layout
- Changed label of 'Remarketing' in settings to 'Display Advertising' and updated description with more info link
- Added an option in GA Expert settings to hide visits and data sent to GA when you are logged in as admin
- Added support for ustore theme
Update 20/11/13 - GA Expert v5.2.0
- Fixed an issue with event tracking where some add to cart events were producing an error due to a missing single quote
- Removed additional _gaq from classic checkout tracking and everywhere else which had caused issues with cookie consent
- Changed position of success page code from before header to before footer to avoid errors
- Updated FAQ listing for openstock conflict to make compatibility easier
- Added support for the 'clearshop' theme
Update 21/11/13 - GA Expert v5.2.1
- Fixed an issue with the Sellegance theme and goal funnel reporting in analytics, update code
Update 22/11/13 - GA Expert v5.2.2
- Fixed an issue with the Shoppica2 theme where it wasn't tracking any events
- Updated installation instructions with amendment to simplecheckout goal set up
BUYING THIS EXTENSION ENTITLES YOU TO USE THIS ON 1 INSTALLATION ONLY UNLESS YOU HAVE EXPLICITLY BEEN GRANTED OTHERWISE.
Please read the comments and extension FAQ for help before sending a question, often the answer is already waiting.
PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY CODE RELATED TO THE EXTENSION IN THE COMMENTS AREA, SEND ME AN EMAIL INSTEAD FOR DIRECT HELP.
Tags analytics pro, funnel, analytics reporting, google reporting, eu cookie, search tracking, analytics, powerful analytics, best analytics, adwords, multistore, ianalytics, goal event, analytics goal, analytics event, google goal, google event, e-commerce, onecheckout, conversion, conversions, transaction, transactions, google tracking, google, ecommerce, tracking, reports, statistics, tracking code, analytics, google, universal analytics, ga.js, analytics.js