Restrict Payment Methods
|Extension Name||Restrict Payment Methods||Rating|
|Developer||Clear Thinking||Request Support|
|Date Added||6 January 2012||Report extension|
|Date Modified||17 May 2013|
OpenCart Versions: 1.4.8 − 1.5.5.x
Demo Links: Front Demo and Admin Demo
This modification allows you to restrict the payment methods available to customers. You can set each payment method to be displayed based on the store, currency, customer group, geo zone, shipping method, item length/width/height, number of items, postcode, sub-total, total, volume, weight, date, categories, manufacturers, or products.
- Install in seconds using the included vQmod file, or perform the single core file modification yourself.
- Easily limit all or some of your payment methods from being shown to customers, each with their own restriction criteria.
- Compare cart criteria against the entire cart, or just applicable items in the category/manufacturer/product lists.
- Use flexible category / manufacturer / product rules, restricting based on whether the cart contains ANY, ALL, NOT, ONLY ANY, ONLY ALL, or NONE of the relevant selections.
For extension support, please contact Clear Thinking
For more useful extensions, visit OpenCartX
|RestrictPaymentMethods155.2.zip||v1.4.8, v1.4.8b, v1.4.9, v18.104.22.168, v22.214.171.124, v126.96.36.199, v188.8.131.52, v184.108.40.206, v1.5.0, v220.127.116.11, v18.104.22.168, v22.214.171.124, v126.96.36.199, v188.8.131.52, v1.5.1, v184.108.40.206, v220.127.116.11, v18.104.22.168, v22.214.171.124, v1.5.2, v126.96.36.199, v1.5.3, v188.8.131.52, v1.5.4, v184.108.40.206, v1.5.5, v220.127.116.11||[ Download ]|
Restrict Payment Methods Instructions
Author: Clear Thinking, LLC
1. Backup your OpenCart installation, just to be safe.
2. There are two methods of installation for this extension: you can either
use vQmod or you can manually perform the necessary core file edits. If you
want to use vQmod and don't have it installed already, first download it at
http://www.vqmod.com and follow the installation instructions.
Once vQmod is installed, use an FTP application to upload the contents of the
"upload" folder to the root of your OpenCart installation. No core files are
overwritten. For further information on how to upload files via FTP, visit:
3. If you choose not to use vQmod, first upload the contents of the "upload"
folder to the root of your OpenCart installation. (You can skip the inner
"vqmod" folder if you want.) Then, manually perform the list of modifications
within the edits.txt file.
4. Log in to the admin panel and click on:
Extensions > Modules > Restrict Payment Methods > Install
5. For help with the extension settings, you can hover over the yellow ?
bubbles in the admin panel. You can also click the "Show Examples" button at
the bottom of the page to display some examples of how to set up restrictions.
6. Note: If you set a very high number of rates and/or cost brackets, in order
to store the data properly the extension will automatically change the field
type of the "value" column in the "setting" table from TEXT to MEDIUMTEXT. In
testing, there was no performance decrease due to this change, but feel free
to send an e-mail if you have any questions.
7. Note: If you notice your rates getting cut off in the middle of a rate,
your server likely has a limit set on the maximum number of input variables on
a page. To fix this, you'll need to add the following to both your /php.ini
and /admin/php.ini files:
max_input_vars = 9999;
If this doesn't seem to work, you need to contact your web host and ask them
to allow you to override the default server setting of 1000.