Post by affect » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:14 pm

I personally love Disqus for comments and we've also switched to it in MultiMerch, but:
- it allows manual import of existing comments
- it has a single sign-on system that is available to developers

Both are a must if OpenCart guys decide to replace regular marketplace commenting system with Disqus. Now it seems that they've neither imported existing comments nor implemented SSO, which is a disaster.

MultiMerch Marketplace for OpenCart

Post by OpenCart Addons » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:15 pm

Here's some of the issues I've come across so far:

Extension Marketplace > Extensions Directory
  • How does Sort By Popularity work? Used to sort by sales but doesn't anymore. Order of extensions doesn't make sense
  • Review stars always show as zero
  • Filtering by OpenCart Partners does not work. The partners list was wiped out but extensions will still show when filtering by OpenCart Partners.
  • Category filter is lost when changing the Sort By option
  • Extension name is not a link. This is confusing when browsing
  • Sorting by rating appears to be primitive. The system still doesn't take into account total reviews when weighing ratings. This is a better method that takes into account number of ratings. - Possibly Fixed
  • The search system appears to be worse than before. Searching the exact name of an extension will not actually pull that extension, and a lot of the results are completely unrelated to the search terms - Possibly Fixed
  • Sort By does not work correctly. For example, Popularity and Rating return the results in the same order - Fixed
  • Hitting ENTER to submit the search field redirects you to the home page. You have to click the magnifying glass to submit the search field - Fixed
  • Image cache is broken which has resulted in almost all extension images not found - Fixed
  • Extension price pulls the last featured extension price not the actual extension price - Fixed
  • Category filter list does not appear on mobile devices - Fixed
Extension Marketplace > Extension Page
  • Number of reviews is missing
  • Number of sales is missing
  • Previous comments are missing
  • Request: Restore old comments system. Disqus is a marketing tool that collects and sells user information as per their Terms of Service & Privacy Policy.
  • Documentation tab is missing
  • Youtube tag is broken. Load https for Youtube instead of the current http
  • Breadcrumbs are listed as Home / {extension_name}. This should be Home / Marketplace / {extension_name}
  • Home breadcrumb takes you back to the marketplace but all filters are removed
  • Pagination is not updated when filtering extensions by developer & category. Pagination is still based on total products by developer and doesn't factor in the category filter
  • New lines in extension description are not converted to breaks resulting in the text appearing as one giant paragraph. Extension description should be echo'd using nl2br - Fixed
  • When trying to expand an additional image you're given an error message - Fixed
  • Additional images are missing. See image cache issue above - Fixed
  • If you have a category filter applied and try to view an extension page the system throws a fatal error - Fixed
  • Search field at top right does not work - Fixed
Extension Marketplace > Extension Page > Support
  • Telephone field defaults to OpenCart's telephone number
  • View All Extensions button takes you to the homepage
  • Request: Can questions and support requests go directly to extension developers, while refund requests go to OpenCart support?
  • Support email does not contain the name of extension
  • Get Support button takes you to the homepage. This button is redundant as you're already on the support page - Feature Removed
  • Submitting the form results in a 404 error - Fixed
  • Missing profile information on right of page - Fixed
  • Cannot define office hours within the seller settings - Feature Removed

Account
  • Missing Sales page where developers can view and export their sales
  • The menu appears twice on the right hand side. One is listed as Extension Menu but has the same options as Account Menu - Fixed
Account > Change Password
  • Old Password field is not password type
  • Attempting to change password results in an error - Fixed
Account > Showcase
  • Attempting to delete a project results in the following error

Code: Select all

[s]Notice: Undefined property: Proxy::getExtension in /home/opencart/public_html/application/controller/account/showcase.php on line 159[/s]
Account > Partner Up
  • Existing partners appear to have been removed. Not sure if this is a glitch or was intentional
  • Terms & Conditions is generic filler text (Lorem ipsum ...)
  • Partner Type selection is empty. This is a required field therefore you cannot apply for a partner account - Fixed
Account > Your Orders
  • When viewing an order, the extension name is missing in the order information
Account > My Downloads
  • Support Till doesn't show a date - Feature Removed
Account > My Downloads > Download Extension
  • Downloaded file filename is the hashed value and not replaced the original filename
  • Download link is broken for all new downloads. Results in 404 error page
  • Download date always shows as "Nov, 30 -0001" - Fixed
  • Download Name shows filename and not mask - Fixed
  • Download link is disabled. Not sure if this is intentional - Fixed
  • Download name is empty - Fixed
  • Purchased On is empty - Fixed
  • Order # is empty - Fixed
  • Go To Extension Page link doesn't work - Fixed
  • Compatibility always shows 1.4.7. It appears as though the download information isn't loading - Fixed
  • Contact seller button takes you to the homepage - Feature Removed
  • Support Valid Till doesn't have a date - Feature Removed
Account > Extensions
  • Pagination links are all replaced with current page link. See image below for affected buttons.
  • Clicking Cancel when confirming the deletion of an extension still deletes the extension
  • Request: Add a sales column
  • Deleting an extension takes you to the extension edit page - Fixed
Account > Extensions > Edit
  • Update notifications are not sent out to customers
  • Unable to update the download file
  • Adding new download results in customer getting error 404 page when they attempt to download the file
  • Page header is "Add Extension" even when editing
  • Renewal Price. This was a feature that was promised but does not appear to be implemented
  • Description is cut off at 9,000 characters. Used to be 10,000
  • Submitting an extension results in a fatal error - Fixed
  • Compatibility list does not include 1.5 or 1.4. The filters on the extension directory go back to v1.4.7 - Fixed
Account > Edit Seller Information
  • Order notification emails are not received
  • Order Notification API is working, but the ability to define the API URL is missing
  • You cannot save changes - Fixed
  • Notify Purchase defaulted to No - Fixed
Account > Transactions
  • Missing orders between November 6th to November 12th
Demo
  • Admin login credentials are not listed anywhere. New customers will not know how to access the administrator panel on the demo website - Fixed
Blog
  • Missing images. See image cache error above - Fixed
  • Categories are empty. Only All Articles shows blog posts - Fixed
Showcase
  • Category filters don't work
  • A lot of the sites showcased no longer exist
  • Images are missing. See image cache error above - Fixed
OpenCart Partners
  • All partners were removed. Was this intentional?
  • Apply Now button results in a 404 error - Fixed
Forum
  • Private messaging is gone
  • Post formatting needs work
  • Subscription notifications are not sent
I'm sure there's more that I've missed, but this is a start. I'm also not including the number of formatting issues and grammatical and spelling errors across the site.

Note: From the little bit of browsing I did on a mobile device, there appears to be additional issues than what is listed above. Mostly formatting and missing menus.

Regards,
Joel.
Last edited by Daniel on Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:33 am, edited 61 times in total.
Reason: Added more items to list

Canada's Leading Expert In OpenCart Development & Certified OpenCart Development Partner Image

Location - Canada

Post by dmsims » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:19 pm

Where did all the comments go ?- it's unbelievable that they have disappeared !!!

Post by OpenCart Addons » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:31 pm

dmsims wrote:Where did all the comments go ?- it's unbelievable that they have disappeared !!!
They switched to a new comments system, but never imported all the old comments to it.

Canada's Leading Expert In OpenCart Development & Certified OpenCart Development Partner Image

Location - Canada

Post by billkou » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:32 am

Just when you thought the search function in the market place couldn't be any worse... :D :D

Post by budgetneon » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:19 am

billkou wrote:Just when you thought the search function in the market place couldn't be any worse... :D :D
Agreed.

I tried searching for "page cache", since I have an extension that does that. The first page of results doesn't show ANY extensions that are a page cache. Not ours, and not even Jay's page cache, which used to be the #1 result.

The top 3 results when searching for "page cache":

AJAX Quick Checkout
Quick Checkout - Best One Page Checkout Solution
NitroPack Cache - Complete Performance Optimization

At least the last one is a cache, albeit not a page level cache.

Post by dmsims » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:06 am

It's almost too funny (though not for developers who make a living)

If anyone that worked for me produced this kind of absolute rubbish they would be sacked

Daniel will probably say "it works" and start calling us fat

Post by billkou » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:21 am

dmsims wrote:It's almost too funny (though not for developers who make a living)

If anyone that worked for me produced this kind of absolute rubbish they would be sacked

Daniel will probably say "it works" and start calling us fat
Hahaha, that's highly likely.

The thing with the marketplace is that it's not categorized correctly, or actually at all. On top of that comes the horrible search function that makes you wonder how things are actually working on the opencart website, and how much money developers are losing from that - also clients/merchants missing on good extensions because they can't be bothered to find anything decent since it just doesn't show up.

Post by OpenCart Addons » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:28 am

dmsims wrote:Daniel will probably say "it works" and start calling us fat
:laugh:
On top of that comes the horrible search function that makes you wonder how things are actually working on the opencart website
Unfortunately the search system has been a problem for quite some time now. Unfortunately it has somehow been made worse in the latest update. Tags don't appear to do anything anymore, and the extension name doesn't appear to have any influence on the results. I honestly cannot figure out how the DB query works when searching. Perhaps it just sets the results to RAND().

Location - Canada

Post by IP_CAM » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:26 am

28 Replies, by 5 Views ! :crazy:
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by Burt65 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:52 pm

;D I think it would have been quicker to list the actual working part.... Joel

Have you tried to contact either Daniel or James ? Are they aware of what's happening?

Actually... why is this happening?

Over 95% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair...

Location - Oz

Post by OpenCart Addons » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:54 pm

lol. Daniel's aware of the issues. I've sent him a link to the list via Skype.

Location - Canada

Post by imakeitwork » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:21 pm

As a extension developer I don't understand this situation at all. That's second day, and everything's broken and it seems that nothing changes to the bright side. At least official announcement would help, like "sorry, we made a mess, normal service will be back in X days".

Post by MarketInSG » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:17 pm

Just a note, I think OpenCart is not crediting us with the sales on their website. We need the sales page for developers as well to track order ID.

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by dmsims » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:39 pm

And WHERE is the roll back plan ?

Come on answer that one

Post by uksitebuilder » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:50 pm

I can confirm that sales are not being recorded / listed in the Transaction section

No confirmation emails are being sent of order receipt

No API calls being sent notifying of sale.

Unhappy customers contacting us, unable to download new orders and updated extensions.

I am a little pissed after releasing a large paid for newsletter, notifying all previous buyers of an update over the weekend.

Now having to waste time fielding support requests as they can't get their updated extension.

With one of the busiest times of the year for e-commerce looming, this could not have happened at a worst time.

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom

Post by OpenCart Addons » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:33 pm

The martketplace is still a complete disaster, but guys, we have a pretty new forum theme.

... ignore all of the formatting issue, at least it appears to be working, haha

Location - Canada

Post by i2Paq » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:50 pm

OpenCart Addons wrote:The martketplace is still a complete disaster, but guys, we have a pretty new forum theme.

... ignore all of the formatting issue, at least it appears to be working, haha
I hope this is not the final version of the forum!

PM's are not working anymore.

The layout and fonts sucks BIG TIME.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by MarketInSG » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:08 pm

Let's just ignore the forum for now guys :) Let's hope there's a rollback plan for the main OpenCart website

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by Burt65 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:21 pm

i2Paq wrote:I hope this is not the final version of the forum!

PM's are not working anymore.

The layout and fonts sucks BIG TIME.
Also the banning of spammers no longer works...

Over 95% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair...

Location - Oz