Post by SherryM » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:05 am

Hi
I'm using paypal standard payment using default template open cart 3.0.2.0 What I just noticed is that taxes are getting figured in with the whole order and not just the product. Example customer ordered 10.00 of product and shipping is 5.15 the tax that was collected was $1.06 and that is not right it should be .70 I did call paypal and had a hard time understanding them on this. I do have my shipping set in back office . I do have the sale tax set for just for my state . Is there something maybe I did not set up right. Thanks

Post by Qphoria » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:28 pm

Shipping extensions have their own tax class. You likely never disabled shipping tax if you dont want shipping tax. The tax total is the sum of tax calculated on each item and shipping if enabled. So all the calculations are working fine in OpenCart.. you just need to configure it correctly.

Administrator

Post by SherryM » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:57 pm

Hi
Thank you so much so where do I fine so I can disabled the shipping tax ? Is this something in my paypal area.

Post by SherryM » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:25 am

Hi
Thank you I got it figured out and you are right I over looked this . Now it is figuring out my tax the way it should.