Post by RajSingh54 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:47 am

Hello
New kid on the block here. I have been playing with OC 3..0.3.2. It has gone very well and I am pleased with the software and my efforts. I have a couple of questions, not related exactly to OC but to web stuff in general.

1. When people say content is king, does the fact that I have big descriptions in product categories meet that requirement, or does Google want more? Should each product itself need to have a very detailed description. The reason I ask is one of the things that I am selling is spices and there are about 45 of them. There is only so much you can say about pepper.
2. If you are blogging, is there a place within OC that you could set up a blog, or do you setup a few pages of to the side and link back to your OC and so on.
3. If anyone from Mexico reads this I would like to connect with them to find out what payment method works best here.

Here is the site so far: www.saborindia.mx any criticisms gladly welcome. As I said I am new at this.
Thanks for any suggestions
Raj

Post by uksitebuilder » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:06 am

Human readable content is good for search engines. Ideally containing keyphrases related to the product, but not in a robotic way. 150 words or more would be good.

I checked a few of your spices and the descriptions are not very long.

You can certainly add a blog extension to OpenCart to house the blog under the same site. In addition to writing your own stories on your own blog, if you can get other blog sites to write stories about your products with keyword rich links to your site / products, (preferably high ranking ones) that are related to your site's products type, that would be great.

Sure it takes time to build these high quality backlinks, but it will pay off in the long run.

I can not comment on MX payment services, hopefully others will chime in.

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom

Post by RajSingh54 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:02 am

Thank you for you review and advice. Yes I have been fleshing out the descriptions a bit. I haven't got to the spices yet. I am having trouble writing a good description without sounding repetitive or robotic.
I see that iSense has some special offers coming up and they have a blogging module so I thoink I will try out a few of their modules.
Thanks again
Raj

Post by johnp » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:36 am

Content is king in two ways. Interesting, informative and engaging content for the human reader and well constructed/structured copy with keywords and phrases placed so the content flows and feels warm for the search engine. When I started marketing 15 years ago it was about keyword saturation, signpost pages, and more more more keywords. Today it's more of a science and an art blended. A good SEO copywriter should be on your Christmas card list. Other seasonal celebrations are also available. :)
Last edited by johnp on Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Opencart 1.5.6.5/OC Bootstrap Pro/VQMOD lover, user and geek.
Affordable Service £££ - Opencart Installs, Fixing, Development and Upgrades
Plus Ecommerce, Marketing, Mailing List Management and More
FREE Guidance and Advice at https://www.ecommerce-help.co.uk

Location - Surrey, UK

Post by RajSingh54 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:18 am

Thanks John. I will keep that in mind

Post by johnp » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:02 pm

No probs. Best of luck with your project. :)

Opencart 1.5.6.5/OC Bootstrap Pro/VQMOD lover, user and geek.
Affordable Service £££ - Opencart Installs, Fixing, Development and Upgrades
Plus Ecommerce, Marketing, Mailing List Management and More
FREE Guidance and Advice at https://www.ecommerce-help.co.uk

Location - Surrey, UK