Post by mattybulman » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:37 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm currently making a site where i want a customer to be able to upload an image on a product.

I've looked at lots of plugins which is fine, but my main concern would be bugged files being uploaded.

Just wondering if anyone has done this successfully? And how they go about making sure the files being uploaded are not virus files.

I was thinking maybe making the file upload to a dropbox rather than the sites server to avoid such a thing, as i can control the files going into a separate computer dropbox folder.

Any thoughts would be great thanks.

Location - Newcastle

Post by rjcalifornia » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:51 pm

mattybulman wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:37 pm
Hi everyone,

I'm currently making a site where i want a customer to be able to upload an image on a product.

I've looked at lots of plugins which is fine, but my main concern would be bugged files being uploaded.

Just wondering if anyone has done this successfully? And how they go about making sure the files being uploaded are not virus files.

I was thinking maybe making the file upload to a dropbox rather than the sites server to avoid such a thing, as i can control the files going into a separate computer dropbox folder.

Any thoughts would be great thanks.
Did you look at this extension?

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... ce&page=13

Are you talking about the digital products or product images?

A2 Hosting features: Shared Turbo Boost, Managed Warp 1, Unmanaged Hyper 1, and Warp 2 Turbo

Location - Worldwide

Post by mattybulman » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:58 pm

Hi im talking about the images/files that a customer can upload on a product page. Someone could potentially upload a virus?

Location - Newcastle

Post by carekitap » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:18 pm

it is good question and i'm getting curious about replies.

Post by rjcalifornia » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:57 am

mattybulman wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:58 pm
Hi im talking about the images/files that a customer can upload on a product page. Someone could potentially upload a virus?
OpenCart already filters out several file extensions. Unless you are allowing any kind of file to be uploaded, it will be hard to upload a "virus" or malicious code.

A2 Hosting features: Shared Turbo Boost, Managed Warp 1, Unmanaged Hyper 1, and Warp 2 Turbo

Location - Worldwide