Post by matthewbaynham » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:00 am

Opencart 3.0.3.6

What should happen if someone goes to my website and does NOT consent to the cookies?

I've seen a few free extensions for doing a cookie popup and that's nice. The logic is clear when the user consents to the cookies. They can even be directed to a page to read what I've written about my cookies. But my question is not about when they give consent, my question is about when they don't give consent.

If there is no consent you can't still add the cookies. How do you stop that?

The only cookies I have to worry about are from using Open Web Analytics on my OpenCart installation. But my question is valid regardless of what type of cookies there are. Most people would have Google Analytics cookies, the question is the same.

Post by straightlight » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:26 am

matthewbaynham wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:00 am
Opencart 3.0.3.6

What should happen if someone goes to my website and does NOT consent to the cookies?

I've seen a few free extensions for doing a cookie popup and that's nice. The logic is clear when the user consents to the cookies. They can even be directed to a page to read what I've written about my cookies. But my question is not about when they give consent, my question is about when they don't give consent.

If there is no consent you can't still add the cookies. How do you stop that?

The only cookies I have to worry about are from using Open Web Analytics on my OpenCart installation. But my question is valid regardless of what type of cookies there are. Most people would have Google Analytics cookies, the question is the same.
Already integrated on the master branch (GDPR). As an alternative, you'd need to use an extension on the Marketplace to manage cookies.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by awhite95 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:40 pm

you may try modifying the cookies setting. here's a thread that may help you out https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=33437
On a different note, most sites usually have two settings in the pop up, "Accept" and "Manage Cookies". Very few of them has the option of Donot Accept

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:17 am

awhite95 wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:40 pm
you may try modifying the cookies setting. here's a thread that may help you out https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=33437
On a different note, most sites usually have two settings in the pop up, "Accept" and "Manage Cookies". Very few of them has the option of Donot Accept
I have seen plenty of sites where you can either not click OK or there is no option to manage cookies. On the sites that have an 'ok' button, I can still visit pages without clicking 'ok'. Seems a bit pointless at that rate to me.

Opencart Hosting Plans, Domain Registration, Microsoft and Google Email and More
Visit our website for great deals and most importantly, fast and friendly support - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA