Post by answersun » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:22 am

Hi,

Is there a way I can add a new language only for showing the operational content in the administration side, without the need to create a version in that language for every category, product and information pages etc.? For the front store I only need the default language.

Currently, if a new language is added and enabled in the admin side, I'm obligated to create a copy of every content (categories, products, information pages etc...) in that language which is very annoying, since I don't want to show that language to my customers thus no need to create any content in that language. I only need the language for operational purpose in the administration side.

Best regards

Post by straightlight » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:05 pm

OC version.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:12 pm

You could modify the catalog/view/theme/*/template/common/language.twig to allow only for the default frontend language. E.g. it could be commented out.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by answersun » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:50 pm

straightlight wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:05 pm
OC version.
My OC version is 3.0.3.7, however I think this question is not version related.

Post by answersun » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:07 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:12 pm
You could modify the catalog/view/theme/*/template/common/language.twig to allow only for the default frontend language. E.g. it could be commented out.
Thank you for your information.

I believe modifying catalog/view/theme/*/template/common/language.twig file only affect the store front, I'll still need to insert the unwanted language version for each Category, Product or any other content in admin side, right? How can I avoid that as well?
Last edited by answersun on Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by straightlight » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:54 am

answersun wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:50 pm
straightlight wrote:
OC version.
Nevertheless, this question is needed on the forum for forum supporters to know which OC version is being troubleshooted. Forum rules.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by answersun » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:22 am

straightlight wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:54 am
answersun wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:50 pm
straightlight wrote:
OC version.
Nevertheless, this question is needed on the forum for forum supporters to know which OC version is being troubleshooted. Forum rules.
Noted, thank you!

Post by answersun » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:39 am

answersun wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:07 pm
JNeuhoff wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:12 pm
I believe modifying catalog/view/theme/*/template/common/language.twig file only affect the store front, I'll still need to insert the unwanted language version for each Category, Product or any other content in admin side, right? How can I avoid that as well?
Managed to do it by adding {% if language.code != $unwanted-language-code %} condition in all the related files in admin/view/template/{catalog, sale, customer, localisation, designer}/relative_files.twig, there are a lot of them, not sure if there's an easier / better way to do this, but for now this solved my problem.