Post by scottydog91 » Tue May 25, 2021 9:05 pm

Afternoon All,

I used to spend a lot of my days scanning over and chatting with some of you lovely people, so it's great to be back.

After leaving Opencart 2.3.0.2 a few years back due to its limitations with payment gateways, like klarna, worldpay & vivawallet and with no sign of improvements being made at the time, I left for Shopify.

Now my question is, which version 3 is the best? I was hoping by now it's been passed from pillar to post & all the major flaws would have been stamped out, but surprise me!

Over & out! :banana:
Scotty

Post by scottydog91 » Wed May 26, 2021 1:49 am

So I may have answered my own question here but would love to hear back from the community or even developers. After seeing the post below, it's clear this platform isn't viable for any business in 2021. It hurts to say that as Opencart was the foundations of my business & back then, it worked for me nicely.

An eCommerce platform with no supported payment methods isn't an eCommerce platform, open-source or not. I've been around long enough to know that a lot of the extensions in the marketplace rarely work as intended, so this is upsetting news for me.

I would love to know if there are plans for a paid service, in honesty, if you could provide me with the platform, with payment gateways it would surpass any other paid service I've used, but until then, it looks as if my OC days are over.

As of May 1st 2020, Opencart no longer officially support the following extension payment and shipping modules from the core:
- Alipay
- Alipay_cross
- authorizenet_x
- bluepay_x
- cardconnect
- cardinity
- divido
- eway
- firstdata
- firstdata_remote
- g2pay
- globalpay
- globalpay_remote
- klarna_x
- laybuy
- liqpay
- nochex
- paymate
- paypoint
- payza
- perpetual_payments
- pilibaba
- pp_x
- realex
- realex_
- sagepay_x
- securetrading_x
- skrill
- worldpay

- auspost
- ec_ship
- fedex
- pilibaba
- royal_mail
- ups
- usps

From now on, forum users requiring the need to use those extensions must download them from the Marketplace or by creating a new Service Request in the Commercial Support section of the forum and those include store owners remaining on previous OC versions requiring support for those unsupported extension modules that used to be in the core.

On this OC release, as per the downloads' release tab addresses, PayPal Commerce has been integrated as being the only extension payment module supported officially by the OC team.

Post by Johnathan » Wed May 26, 2021 8:42 pm

My impression was that those payment/shipping extensions were just being moved out of the core, and will be available on the opencart.com marketplace (https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... /extension). I don't see them there yet, however since they are still built-in to the 3.0 versions, I think Daniel may be waiting until OpenCart 4.0 is officially released. For now, the third-party payment/shipping methods *are* still included and work fine.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator