Post by parkookk » Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:38 pm

Hi,

I have searched a lot but got even more confused.

Can someone recommend a best and fast OC3+ template/extensions for a top website that provides:

1- Text, image, width arrangements flexibility
2- SEO friendly with all the top SEO features. eg. h1 on all pages, text over image, rich snippets, Intelligent Search function, auto product recommendation, auto product best seller, full Cano URL, etc.
3- As less errors as possible (redirector tools, error report with a solution on how to fix)
4- easy OC upgrade
5- Mobile and Tablets friendly
6- Add a product if customer orders above certain amounts/items
7- amazon, google etc login and express checkout friendly

I need an interactive template that would look better than my current site; here is my website: https://www.mediasos.co.uk/ and is easy to work with.

Many Thanks
Morty

Location - london

Post by straightlight » Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:39 pm

Check the ones from paulfeakins on his website.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by parkookk » Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:22 pm

Thanks straightlight,

I am not looking for someone to build a website for me as I think I already have a decent website. What I am looking is to make update/upgrades simple, a faster and more search friendly OC.

For example, every time I have upgraded, it was very time consuming even though I have an upgrade extension.

So what I don't know is that if I buy a good template, will it keep all my re-designs after any OC upgrades?
Also is there a template that has all the features I have mentioned above or I need to buy an extension too?
Are there any other steps to take for a good website considering what I already have?

Location - london

Post by straightlight » Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:28 pm

parkookk wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:22 pm
Thanks straightlight,

I am not looking for someone to build a website for me as I think I already have a decent website. What I am looking is to make update/upgrades simple, a faster and more search friendly OC.

For example, every time I have upgraded, it was very time consuming even though I have an upgrade extension.

So what I don't know is that if I buy a good template, will it keep all my re-designs after any OC upgrades?
Also is there a template that has all the features I have mentioned above or I need to buy an extension too?
Are there any other steps to take for a good website considering what I already have?
Nothing is simple, that'd be a magical request. Contacting each extension theme developers to find out would be the most common answer at this point.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:58 pm

2- ... rich snippets, Intelligent Search function, auto product recommendation, auto product best seller, ...
6- Add a product if customer orders above certain amounts/items
7- amazon, google etc login and express checkout friendly
These features have nothing to do with a web theme. The web theme should be simple, mainly CSS-based design, with as few as possible template files modified, to ensure your OpenCart will be upgrade-friendly within a given main version such as the 3.0.x releases.

Then look for quality extensions which stick to the OpenCart standards for above listed extra features.

As regards upgrades: We always do a fresh install, including theme an extensions, and use the Export/Import tool to carry product, category and customer-data over to the new OpenCart server. It's a lot easier and safer than OpenCart built-in upgrade function, the latter frequently fails, especially when using extensions with OCmod-based modifications.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by parkookk » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:52 pm

Thanks JNeuhoff, I really appreciated your reply.
If I install the new OC, how can I use the Export/Import tool to carry product, category and customer-data over to the new OpenCart server?

Location - london