Post by mullernato » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:35 am

Hello,
How do I copy the default theme from the development version (Main Branch or 4.0.0.0_b), to develop my own custom theme?
Opencart 4.0.0.0_b no longer has the "view/theme/default" folder!
How will the development and installation of new theme in the new version of opencart 4.0.0.0_b be?

Post by Johnathan » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:24 pm

I would not recommend trying to create a theme or extension for OpenCart 4.0 at this time. It's still in beta status, and the coding/structure is likely to change before release.

Unless it's much closer to release than I know, it's probably not worth your time at this point. Wait until there's an official Release Candidate version put out.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by mullernato » Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:22 am

I'm just using it as a learning "playground", to train the creation of a theme for opencart using the new framework and bootstrap5.
I managed to create and install a theme module using the standard "opencart" module as an example, but the one in the "...extension/my_theme/catalog/view/template" folder is not loaded as a theme. I'd just like to know how to get it to identify and load these theme files.
I've been using opencart 3.x in production for a long time, I don't intend to use 4 until the official release, but I want to have a theme ready for that.

Attachments

Theme install file.