Post by nexxterra » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:59 am

I am a web host located in the US, I have offered a ecommerce package where Prestashop is installed automatically when a user selects that package.
I personally like Open Cart a lot more. However unlike prestashop, Opencart seems to be a product of Arvixe, which is a web hosting company as well.
Presta shop is just an ecommerce software provider, they however NOW offer hosting too.
My question is, from a business standpoint, would it be wise to stand behind Open Cart? I am asking from the quality of product development and not from a web host competition point of view... There are potentially billions of clients in that market.
I try to provide worry free service to all my clients, if they have 2 years and 500 products in their store... try telling them they have to move to another script as this one is no longer supported...
Thanks for your input in helping with my decision!
Paul

Post by madimar » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:13 pm

Hi next, just a simple consideration...
Opencart IS NOT from Arvixe!
Arvixe is only a partner for hosting.
Opencart is born by the hands of Daniel Kerr several years ago and now it counts several other direct collaborators (like there great Qphoria) and hundreds of experienced developers throughout the world. This community is great, when you post a message, you immediately receive some feedbacks.
So, finally, I don't agree with your concerns about Opencart.
Opencart rules and it will for ever!

M

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
My last mods: Partita IVA e CF | Pro EU VAT Number | Sales Agents | Pricelist Pro
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Post by Xsecrets » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:33 pm

Just to clarify a bit more Opencart is an opensource project and has no real direct ties to Arvixe. Arvixe is just a hosting company like you, but they pay opencart to have advertising on the site, and I think they also donate the actual hosting as well, but they do not have any developers working on opencart. If for whatever reason that relationship was broken opencart would continue on just the same.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by nexxterra » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:58 pm

Thanks for the insight. As long as the project is being developed as a primary product and not a secondary to hosting, I will have my users install open cart.
Thanks

Post by tobul » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:39 am

I tried both and Opencart is better. far better.
In prestashot you dont gen answer to your Q.
opencart more easy to use and look beeter.

Try and you will see yourself

Post by thinks » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:11 am

I agree- OpenCart is superior. Must admit I didn't particularly like Arvixe hosting though, so good job they are not tied together. I find Siteground is an excellent host for OpenCart, with EXCELLENT support if you need it (which is fortunately not often with openCart...!).