Post by eddie_d » Tue May 01, 2012 10:34 pm

Hi,

I have just received an email from one of my partner companies about the EU Cookie law that came into affect 26th May 2011 BUT will start to be enforced as from 26th May 2012. Are any of you OC designers aware of this B%£(S!*& law when it comes to using OC.

For those that are not aware of it. You as a website owner must have a notice on your site saying this site uses cookies if you do not want this site to download cookies to your computer tick this box.

Exemptions are for when a user logs in, so is the answer for all of us who use OC to make our sites only visible by making the potential customer register and login?

I own 3 sites, 1 OC & 2 currently in design using RVSitebuilder so how the hell do I incorporate that into them sites.

I don't usually bother about brussels and politics but this has really peeved me off, they seem to think it is a one size fits all policy but it is not. Oh and if you think that putting a note on your site saying if you don't want to download cookies change it in your browser settings that won't do.

Comments on this!!!!

Eddie

Our online shop using OpenCart http://www.enscomputers.co.uk

Location - Somerset UK

Post by i2Paq » Tue May 01, 2012 10:35 pm

I was told that it does not count for Stores.

Edit:

If you ate NOT using cookies for tracking (like Google Analytics does) your in the clear.

If you are using Google Analytics you need to change your code:

Code: Select all

var _gaq = _gaq || [];
_gaq.push (['_setAccount', 'UA-XXXXXXX-YY']);
_gaq.push (['_gat._anonymizeIp']);
_gaq.push (['_trackPageview']);
Source

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by i2Paq » Tue May 01, 2012 11:02 pm

Lets continie in the first topic on this: OpenCart and the EU Cookie Legislation.
Guardian wrote:For the last time, OpenCart does NOT store personally identifying information in cookies!
Don't believe me?
Install the Web Develop plug-in for Firefox https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... developer/
and see for yourself exactly what is stored; the users encrypted session key, language and currency preferences.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands