Post by Stevecuns » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:04 pm

Hi guys, my online store has been live since early march 2012. Only a few items atm & advertising through facebook / word of mouth etc.

I am getting people viewing the site but not one sale!!!

Constructive comments please on why nobody seems to want to buy from me.

cheers

Steve

www.onlinemerchantguru.co.uk/shop

Post by tophat » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:21 pm

Hi,

Having an e-commerce site is one thing, but marketing, branding and presentation is a totally different element for which is sometimes the most important part that is often overlooked when developing a site.

Unfortunately this latter aspects seems to be missing as there is no sense of branding in order to convey what your site is trying to sell. The user is presented with a couple of anime charachaters, a logo for tea rooms and products for cigerettes?! Put these together with the name and I'm confused with what the shop is selling?

Webmaster for: http://www.getlaidbeds.co.uk + www.mattressmoose.co.uk + www.pixellounge.co.uk

Post by labeshops » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:26 am

I agree with tophat. Honestly by your name, I expected an ecommerce marketing site. And once there, your store looks like (no offense) a kid has put it together or an ebay seller with no real focus or direction.

If you want sales, you need to look professional and focused. Since opencart easily lets you do multiple shops, at the least I'd separate your product types smoking and clothing (not a good association btw as most people don't want to buy clothing that looks like it comes from a smoker), make your photos larger and tighten up the design.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by eventpromotions » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:11 am

Hi there,

I completely agree with the above, also when I have got your contact page up. I see a home address and mobile number. I completely know why people do this:

But is not that expensive to get a VOIP number from someone like VOIPTALK.ORG) Also if you could afford to then rent an office address (make sure that the address and telephone number are in the same area) it would help?

Also have you done much advertising to drive traffic to your site. sometimes it just a numbers game.

I don't mean to be harsh in what I say. Just what I see.

Post by Stevecuns » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:13 am

Thanks for the advice, I have tried to tidy up the design a bit but tbh I'm not very good at this sort of thing.
I would love to rent an office but I'm a one man band just starting out & don't have that sort of money.

Please have another look at my site & let me know if I'm going in the right direction.

Honest comments are greatly welcomed

Cheers

Steve.....

Post by mandamexico » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:48 pm

Because anyone can make a website these days...even you. It all comes down to design (which you lack). Look at other sites here in the showcase for inspiration.

Also, just my opinion, get rid of that domain (too long). Be specific for the items which you are going to sell.

- Christian

My Extensions

OpenCart Developer (OCD) Tools

Donate - If I ever helped you.

Location - Los Angeles, CA