Post by hsharif » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:55 pm

Good Morning,

I've been searching for a USPS Click N Ship autofill module for OpenCart (1.5.x) with no success. It looks like USPS webtools do not offer any sort of postage payment functionality, so the only way to streamline postage purchase and label printing online is via their Click N Ship software.

Does anyone have further information on Click N Ship autofill functionality, or a script that may work in conjunction with OpenCart to accomplish this goal?

The goal here is to plug in a Multi-Vendor mod, email each vendor upon receipt of sale, and within the email have a link to Click N Ship which, when clicked, will autofill information based on the vendor/destination information available. They simply need to pay for the postage and print the label.

*Note also posted in Module support.

Thanks
Hsharif

Post by Qphoria » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:07 pm

USPS Click-n-ship autofill was a little hacky javascript form filler I made back when I was with Zen-Cart... it was a huge success and saved me hours of work on my store at the time.

I ported it to OpenCart 0.x but that is where it died. I always promised to instead make a proper label API for USPS instead . I've still not done that of course, :) mainly because I no longer have a store that requires shipping products so the motivation has died down. It is still on my ever growing list of mods to make...

Administrator

Post by hsharif » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:03 am

Thanks for this reply Qphoria!

The WebTools API that USPS provides extends so far as to print the label, but without postage paid, i.e. you need to go in-store or online to pay postage.

The only workable solution I can think of is to place a cookie on the vendors machine, open and redirect to Click n Ship, login, and use the info on the cookie to populate the sender/receiver destination. This way much of the work is done for the vendor, they simply need to pay and print the label. This way USPS Carrier Pickup can be utilized without having to step foot in a post office.

Any advice from anyone? Qphoria - do you know if that script has the potential to be piped to OC 1.5.x?

Post by hsharif » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:55 am

If anyone is interested - I came up with an Auto Fill solution for Click n Ship - it's not ideal, but it is working in the meantime to email vendors a USPS link which they click and the receivers information is pre-populated.

PM if interested in learning more or bouncing ideas on how to accomplish this in an ideal setting with USPS very limited options and no postage API

Post by BoTbird » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:30 am

I am having a similar problem.

The USPS Web Tool does not work for me, because my customer is only using Flat Rate boxes and wants to charge a fixed prices for shipping too. (using Item Based Shipping Module ---- 1 product = $6, 2 products = $8, 3+ = $12)

I need something that can auto-populate the shipping information (similar to how PayPal does) for Click-N-Ship based on the OpenCarts shipping address. Where they choose the option (flat rate envelope / small / medium) then it creates the label for them.

I would appreciate any input!!!
Thanks!

Post by josh7143 » Tue May 05, 2020 2:19 am

If you're still monitoring this thread, I would appreciate to hear your method of automatic the USPS click-n-ship. It seems I cannot message you directly, maybe a new user limitation I do not know.