Post by mark280566 » Wed May 12, 2010 8:15 pm

Hi

Has anyone experienced the following as I cannot seem to solve.

New product entered into the OC system.

Options added using the Option Plus Module

Product edited eg, updated description or photo

Option Plus disappears and with all data which has to be has to be re-entered - VERY frustrating.

NB - I have checked the database and options appear not to have been saved although I received confirmation that the save had been successful

This also occurs when transferring from localhost to live server.

Regards

Mark

Location - East Anglia, England

Post by Qphoria » Wed May 12, 2010 9:57 pm

When editing the product, confirm that you are not changing options. (You shouldn't even see the option tab)
The product model file should have changes that prevent options from being saved from that file. I just checked to be sure on my clear 1.4.7 build and I saw no issues. Try running "Auto Mod" again from the options plus page and see if that helps.

Administrator

Post by mark280566 » Wed May 12, 2010 10:16 pm

Thanks Q - will try Auto Mod again, as suggested, and see what happens

Mark

Post by peteVA » Thu May 13, 2010 1:57 am

I installed it yesterday and after a boot in the butt from Q it's doing great. Even exported and turned around and imported the stuff back in. Just two items, but 5 different options on one and 3 on the other with 2 to 5 choices per option.

I hate to ruin my reputation as a whiner and bitcher, but it does work just as expected. :)

A Trusted Wholesale Dropshipper
Web Hosting Under $ 5.00 Month! FREE Shopping Carts!
25,000+ Real Wholesale & Dropship Sources!

Post by Qphoria » Thu May 13, 2010 3:09 am

I'll try to break it again so we can get back to the whining ;) :D ;D

Administrator

Post by mark280566 » Tue May 18, 2010 12:06 am

Q - Just to let you know the Option Plus Mod is up and running and lookin' good.

Mark

Post by peteVA » Tue May 18, 2010 6:25 am

Actually, now that I've used it a bit I do have a comment.

It is a pain to do everything required to add an item, except the option, then save the product, go out and choose Extensions, then the Modules and then Edit the Modules, just to get to where you need to be to add the options to that new item.

THEN - after saving the newly added options to the newly added product, having to go back and choose Catalog and Product and Insert to add another new product, then leave Product and go through the whole routine again.

Isn't there some way a few of those steps could be eliminated, even if it's required to edit a file or two? Even getting it out of the Modules menu so you didn't have to go there each time would help a bit. At the bottom of the Extensions list, then click it and it opens for use, rather then click Modules and Edit each time would help.

Of course, having it come up right in the Insert / Edit Product routine would be ideal.

It works fine as it is, but a lot of wasted time and clicks when entering a lot of items..........

Please consider this a whine, not a bitch.

A Trusted Wholesale Dropshipper
Web Hosting Under $ 5.00 Month! FREE Shopping Carts!
25,000+ Real Wholesale & Dropship Sources!

Post by smorelli » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:30 am

I installed it just now and experience the same nuisance. Is there a way to add a link within the product that opens the extension with the product ID? Kind of like the link ID's in the dropdown list in the extensions/Options Plus?

Post by Qphoria » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:07 am

WAHHHHHHHH the complaining begins again.

I suppose, since i added the automod stuff and it works so well, I could just make it mod the main product edit page instead of using the override area. Which might also solve the problem of incompatibility with the text options mod (or it might not).

I suppose I could be bothered to take a look at revamping it

Administrator

Post by smorelli » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:57 am

We'd love ya for it!!!!