Post by seagull » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:01 am

In the specials module you give the product is a special from 17/12/2018 until 31/12/2018". This is visible in the admin. backend, but not for the customer in the frontend.
In my search for a solution I found not one solution for OC 1.5.4.1 and shoppica 2.
Who knows a solution or module/extension to realize this?

OpenCart 1.5.4.1 in a multishop configuration (as theme Shoppica2) with a lot of vqmods and further improvements . The last months I am busy with an OC 3.0.3.2 configuration (and now without the Stoppica 2 theme).

Location - Zuid Nederland

Post by rjcalifornia » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:59 am

seagull wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:01 am
In the specials module you give the product is a special from 17/12/2018 until 31/12/2018". This is visible in the admin. backend, but not for the customer in the frontend.
In my search for a solution I found not one solution for OC 1.5.4.1 and shoppica 2.
I don't think there is a free module/extension. Did you take a look at this thread?

viewtopic.php?t=66603

A2 Hosting features: Shared Turbo Boost, Managed Warp 1, Unmanaged Hyper 1, and Warp 2 Turbo

Location - Worldwide

Post by johnp » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:58 pm

It should be easy enough to instert the date if you know a bit about coding. Also there are some commercial extensions in the marketplace that could be used as is or tweaked to suit.

Opencart 1.5.6.5/OC Bootstrap Pro/VQMOD lover, user and geek.
Affordable Service £££ - Opencart Installs, Fixing, Development and Upgrades
Plus Ecommerce, Marketing, Mailing List Management and More
FREE Guidance and Advice at https://www.ecommerce-help.co.uk

Location - Surrey, UK

Post by johnp » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:01 pm

Just found this:

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... _license=0

Again, it can be used as is or tweaked to suit.

Opencart 1.5.6.5/OC Bootstrap Pro/VQMOD lover, user and geek.
Affordable Service £££ - Opencart Installs, Fixing, Development and Upgrades
Plus Ecommerce, Marketing, Mailing List Management and More
FREE Guidance and Advice at https://www.ecommerce-help.co.uk

Location - Surrey, UK

Post by seagull » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:56 pm

rjcalifornia wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:59 am
seagull wrote:
I don't think there is a free module/extension. Did you take a look at this thread?

viewtopic.php?t=66603
Now, yes I did.
The problem is the shoppica 2 theme:
In catalog/view/theme/default/template/product/product.tpl you must change the code:

<?php if (!$special) { ?>
<?php echo $price; ?>
<?php } else { ?>
<span class="price-old"><?php echo $price; ?></span> <span class="price-new"><?php echo $special; ?></span>
<?php } ?>

In the product.tpl in Shoppica 2 I found this code:
<?php else: ?>
<p class="s_price s_promo_price" itemprop="offerDetails" itemscope itemtype="http://data-vocabulary.org/Offer">
<meta itemprop="currency" content="<?php echo $this->currency->getCode(); ?>" />
<span class="s_old_price"><?php echo $tbData->priceFormat($price); ?></span>
<span itemprop="price">
<?php echo $tbData->priceFormat($special); ?>
</span>
</p>
and this piece of code:
<div class="s_item_info">
<h3><a href="<?php echo $product['href']; ?>"><?php echo $product['name']; ?></a></h3>
<?php if ($product['price']): ?>
<div class="s_price_holder s_size_<?php echo $tbData->common['price_size']; ?> <?php echo 's_' . $tbData->common['price_design']; ?>">
<?php if (!$product['special']): ?>
<p class="s_price"><?php echo $tbData->priceFormat($product['price']); ?></p>
<p class="s_price s_promo_price"><span class="s_old_price"><?php echo $tbData->priceFormat($product['price']); ?></span><?php echo $tbData->priceFormat($product['special']); ?></p>
<?php endif ?>

I am not a developer, so who can help me further.

OpenCart 1.5.4.1 in a multishop configuration (as theme Shoppica2) with a lot of vqmods and further improvements . The last months I am busy with an OC 3.0.3.2 configuration (and now without the Stoppica 2 theme).

Location - Zuid Nederland

Post by rjcalifornia » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:48 am

seagull wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:56 pm
rjcalifornia wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:59 am
seagull wrote:

viewtopic.php?t=66603
Now, yes I did.
The problem is the shoppica 2 theme:
In catalog/view/theme/default/template/product/product.tpl you must change the code:

<?php if (!$special) { ?>
<?php echo $price; ?>
<?php } else { ?>
<span class="price-old"><?php echo $price; ?></span> <span class="price-new"><?php echo $special; ?></span>
<?php } ?>

In the product.tpl in Shoppica 2 I found this code:
<p class="s_price s_promo_price" itemprop="offerDetails" itemscope itemtype="http://data-vocabulary.org/Offer">
<meta itemprop="currency" content="<?php echo $this->currency->getCode(); ?>" />
<span class="s_old_price"><?php echo $tbData->priceFormat($price); ?></span>
<span itemprop="price">
<?php echo $tbData->priceFormat($special); ?>
</span>
</p>
and this piece of code:
<div class="s_item_info">
<h3><a href="<?php echo $product['href']; ?>"><?php echo $product['name']; ?></a></h3>
<?php if ($product['price']): ?>
<div class="s_price_holder s_size_<?php echo $tbData->common['price_size']; ?> <?php echo 's_' . $tbData->common['price_design']; ?>">
<?php if (!$product['special']): ?>
<p class="s_price"><?php echo $tbData->priceFormat($product['price']); ?></p>
<p class="s_price s_promo_price"><span class="s_old_price"><?php echo $tbData->priceFormat($product['price']); ?></span><?php echo $tbData->priceFormat($product['special']); ?></p>
<?php endif ?>

I am not a developer, so who can help me further.
The Shoppica theme developer might help you with that (since it is a commercial theme)

A2 Hosting features: Shared Turbo Boost, Managed Warp 1, Unmanaged Hyper 1, and Warp 2 Turbo

Location - Worldwide