Post by wandotshop » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:50 am

Hi all..
Arghh... Tension...:( .... i got Visitor Module for Free at Opencart...
that time though everthing going be ok.. last time my Visitor Module suddenly be reset automatically...last visitor counter for all around 2.5K visitor...
Now it happen again...this time due to visitor 5K/year... argh!!!! what happen.. i really need this visitor counter to show to all customer my side got better traffic.. someone help me :( .. what should i do...
i dont know y..either coz of FREE ?? Or this got problem..:(

Post by kedgetech » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:35 am

Did you approach the author to see if had known any issues with it ?

Location - USA, Australia, India

Post by wandotshop » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:37 am

kedgetech wrote:Did you approach the author to see if had known any issues with it ?
urm.. i not sure..but i get it from this...
http://osworx.net/en/downloads/doc_download/11-visitor

maybe can u see it? i am using 1.4.9.1 ....i though this not compatible with 1.4.9.1 coz it shown that module use for 1.4.5 :( ...someone can make it to 1.4.9.1??

Post by wandotshop » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:51 am

kedgetech wrote:Did you approach the author to see if had known any issues with it ?

sorry...at 1st i dont know where i get it and whose create...:(...
i already PM osworx...hopefully can get the best feedback...still waiting...

do u know what the issue..:( ...

Post by afwollis » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:35 pm

...last time my Visitor Module suddenly be reset automatically...last visitor counter for all around 2.5K visitor...
Now it happen again...this time due to visitor 5K/year...
I've downloaded the module archive from the link provided.
And think that your problem is based on the current date...

Check your

Code: Select all

system/logs/counter.txt
file.
It should contain a very huge amount entries.

Русское коммьюнити разработчиков OpenCart - myopencart.ru

some useful mods:
[Released] Orders and Comments AT-A-GLANCE, [Released] Prof. Invoice and Packingslip, [Released] Recently viewed

My commercial modules: [W]ebme Compare Products, [W]ebme Bought With This

Location - Ukraine

Post by wandotshop » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:27 pm

afwollis wrote:
...last time my Visitor Module suddenly be reset automatically...last visitor counter for all around 2.5K visitor...
Now it happen again...this time due to visitor 5K/year...
I've downloaded the module archive from the link provided.
And think that your problem is based on the current date...

Check your

Code: Select all

system/logs/counter.txt
file.
It should contain a very huge amount entries.
what do means by that..huge amount? what i can see there..only 147Byte for Counter.txt...
let say that the issue..what should i do? suppose to be there are no issue..coz the function of this module to calculate the visitor right? :(
what should i do??

Post by OSWorX » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:34 pm

Just do answer all questions at once:
wandotshop wrote:what should i do
Generally asking the author (me) - contacting me is easy: just as always in all of my extensions there is my address in the readme.

Second: speculating about what it does (or not) or should do brings nobody further.

The code is very simple and easy to read.
Basically the whole module is built on a 'flat file' base, which means you do not need any SQL.
Some reasons why I have made it that way (an enhanced version using SQL will be published if someone needs that really).
But I think that there are better extensions (like Piwik) to track your visitors.

Next: this 'flat file' cannot delete himself - because there is no need or function for it.
There must be another reason why the module starts with 1 (this is default if the .txt file does not exist and to show at least 1 visitor).

Next: the size of the file will never reach that big size, because of how the structure is built.
afwollis wrote:And think that your problem is based on the current date
Why should it?
I just discovered (while going through the code before posting here) one small - not really important - bug belonging to the current date (saves the current day number - 1)
wandotshop wrote:sorry...at 1st i dont know where i get it and whose create...:(...
Quite funny, you do not know from where you have it, but you PM me?
So you know from where you have it - the author is ...
wandotshop wrote:maybe can u see it? i am using 1.4.9.1 ....i though this not compatible with 1.4.9.1 coz it shown that module use for 1.4.5 :( ...someone can make it to 1.4.9.1??
What a nonsens!
At my website this is written:
Required: OpenCart min. 1.4.2
So what does this mean??
Same version is stated in the readme.
Thanks! This should be always the first address to ask for (see above).

To come to an end, there is a solution to rebuild the figures (see the pm wandotshop).

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by wandotshop » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:56 am

OSWorX wrote:Just do answer all questions at once:
wandotshop wrote:what should i do
Generally asking the author (me) - contacting me is easy: just as always in all of my extensions there is my address in the readme.

Second: speculating about what it does (or not) or should do brings nobody further.

The code is very simple and easy to read.
Basically the whole module is built on a 'flat file' base, which means you do not need any SQL.
Some reasons why I have made it that way (an enhanced version using SQL will be published if someone needs that really).
But I think that there are better extensions (like Piwik) to track your visitors.

Next: this 'flat file' cannot delete himself - because there is no need or function for it.
There must be another reason why the module starts with 1 (this is default if the .txt file does not exist and to show at least 1 visitor).

Next: the size of the file will never reach that big size, because of how the structure is built.
afwollis wrote:And think that your problem is based on the current date
Why should it?
I just discovered (while going through the code before posting here) one small - not really important - bug belonging to the current date (saves the current day number - 1)
wandotshop wrote:sorry...at 1st i dont know where i get it and whose create...:(...
Quite funny, you do not know from where you have it, but you PM me?
So you know from where you have it - the author is ...
wandotshop wrote:maybe can u see it? i am using 1.4.9.1 ....i though this not compatible with 1.4.9.1 coz it shown that module use for 1.4.5 :( ...someone can make it to 1.4.9.1??
What a nonsens!
At my website this is written:
Required: OpenCart min. 1.4.2
So what does this mean??
Same version is stated in the readme.
Thanks! This should be always the first address to ask for (see above).

To come to an end, there is a solution to rebuild the figures (see the pm wandotshop).
Hhuhuh... :) Peace.. TQ for your explanation ... 1st thing i am not good in english :D ... there are alot of my word miss understanding :)... what i said i am dont know where i get it when i post this thread :) that time got prob to searching where i get this module... after that when i found it...then i PM u :)...
Anyway Thanks for reply... i am try to monitor again how come this happen.. i dont know counter.txt till someone telling me to check that.... no clue how it delete manually hurmm..as what u mention..
but now if that reset again..i just need to edit that file...Thanks :)