Post by hudson_t » Tue May 29, 2012 9:18 pm

Hi,

I have used PayPal's Website Payment Pro for a few weeks now and all was going swimmingly. However, I have set up a new PayPal account to handle my payments. I have input all of the API details correctly, but when I go to pay with a card, it gets stuck on "Please Wait".

The payment does process through PayPal, and the order appears in the admin area. The problem is that no email is sent to the customer and they are not redirected to the "Order Complete" page.

I searched the forum for a solution but I can't find anything that works. There is nothing in my error log file and I have not changed anything apart from the API details within Opencart.

I am running version 1.5.2.1 with all of the bug fix patches.

Any ideas?

Location - Redditch, Worcestershire

Post by labeshops » Tue May 29, 2012 9:23 pm

I think that Paypal has changed something in the last week or so as I've been having the same issue with customers trying multiple times. The order does come thru to me and the payment is authorized if they wait long enough, but they get authorized several times.

I posted about it when it first happened and hoped someone here with a Paypal developers account could find out more info and fix it, but no replies :(

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by hudson_t » Tue May 29, 2012 9:27 pm

This is a real problem for me. I cant understand what is happening. I have tried every fix I could find within the forum. I don't see how it is a PayPal problem because the payments are processing. I think the module needs an update!

Update: Just tried this fix but still no luck, but someone else may have some luck with it. http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=133&t=46708

Post by hudson_t » Tue May 29, 2012 11:10 pm

Okay I have solved this now. I apologize for blaming Opencart and PayPal. My Bad! I had recently changed the email address password (I am using SMTP) and I didn't change it in Opencart. I changed the password and everything is now working!

Post by MEDIAMACHINE » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:08 am

Same problem, same solution on my side.
Thanks for giving us the idea !

OpenCart 1.5.1.3

Post by siesoft » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:22 am

HI,
I have the same problem and need your help. Yours seems happening in the old version but mine is a newer version. My opencart version is 3.0.2.0 with Paypal pro. So I am using Paypal standard until I fix this. Please help me with why it happens. Thank you.

Post by MajorPain » Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:38 am

I have had the same problem with Paypal Pro and Paypal Standard with the spinning waiting wheel.
It seems to be an issue with Google Chrome based browsers like Chrome and Brave.
Tried it in Microsoft Edge and everything works fine.