Post by Cue4cheap » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:57 am

for multi-store.

I've been thinking again. I know bad idea.
Paypal allows you to use up to 7 different email addresses for a single paypal account. But the display name stays the same for all email addresses because there is only one place in paypal to set the business name (at least that is all I can find).

I'm running a multi-store setup and I have just branched out into a completely different product line. The first 4 businesses they can use the same generic name when it redirects to paypal since they are, lets say, food based.
The 5th store is electronics. So I can't have the 5th store go to paypal and have it say "Food Store" on the top when people are buying electronics.

Sooooooooooo........ what I can do is force a different email address when the 5th store is used but what I can't see is being able to use the same paypal account since the business name that is displayed is set in paypal based upon your settings in paypal and doesn't changed based on email addresses in the account.

Has anyone ran into this and found a good solution? I have considered opening another paypal account BUT I've been told I can't link my already used checking account - I would need to set up another checking account too.

This is an old discussion about the same thing https://www.etsy.com/teams/7722/discuss ... s/6858328/ but it seems to still be relevant.

I'm interested in your thoughts.
Thank you,
Mike

cue4cheap not cheap quality

Expert Member

Post by butte » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:36 am

1/ Correct on the seven addresses and the single display name. The seven and the one will stretch only so far in practice.

2/ You could call electronics food for thought, but correct on inappropriateness that is bound to occur.

3/ So, you are stuck between limitations of one account and difficulties of multiple accounts, with PayPal and with banks.

4/ Having one bank account serve two PayPal accounts is not the primary limitation -- one individual or entity (sole proprietor, huge corporation, alike) can have only one PayPal account. You can have seven addresses for each of thirty PayPal accounts in the names of thirty bona fide entities with their own respective bona fide bank accounts. However, even one entity (sole proprietor, corporation, alike) can with even one address and one name and one bank account still conduct an extensive array of businesses (John's locks, foods, used cars, sheet music, shovels, fine art, antiques, and you name it).

5/ At that juncture the relative expense of PayPal eclipses the costs of traditional bank portals, where you would be able to tie thirty businesses into even one bank account (sole proprietor's, corporation's, alike) and have even seventy addresses, after publishing and filing fictitious business name statements (for doing business as the names). There, too, even one entity (sole proprietor, corporation, alike) can with even one address and one name and one bank account still conduct an extensive array of businesses (John's locks, foods, used cars, sheet music, shovels, fine art, antiques, and you name it).

6/ Between those extremes, PayPal processing and bank processing, there are probably a few transaction processors that do allow plural addresses, plural names, and one bank account in one processor account, when prerequisite i-dotting and t-crossing is said and done.

7/ Yeah, the link is unhelpful and dwells upon details.

Guru Member