Post by gcit » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:30 am

Hi everybody,
i know this is a recurring topic, but i have not been able to work it out (yet).

On my OC, i accept both Paypal and PayPal Express.
I have set my Paypal account properly, so that customer is not obliged to register a new Paypal account. Indeed, the customer should be able to use his credit card without registering a new account.

Though, even when coming from a "clean" browser session (all cookies cleaned, all cache deleted), all the customers are always obliged to register a new Paypal account.

Any suggestion on how to solve that?
Thanks

Post by MarketInSG » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:59 pm

That shouldn't be the case. Try it with a completely new browse that did not log into any paypal account before. Is it still the same?

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by gcit » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:29 am

Yes, i am trying with a totally clean session.
Any suggestion?

Could it be related to the fact that the product is classified as "download" by OC?

Post by Qphoria » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:26 am

Paypal express will default to the account page unless the "LANDINGPAGE" parameter is passed in as "Billing" instead of "Login". Not sure if the default opencart one supports this feature. This Paypal Express extension offers it

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator

Post by gcit » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:10 am

Are you referring as default to the "login page " or the "account registration" page?
My issue is related to the lacking of the possibility to pay without registering a new account; not to the fact that the default view is the login view.

Post by gcit » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:44 pm

Any relevant suggestion?

Post by gcit » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:20 pm

This issue is still pending. Anyone able to help?

Post by Qphoria » Fri May 09, 2014 9:57 pm

gcit wrote:Are you referring as default to the "login page " or the "account registration" page?
My issue is related to the lacking of the possibility to pay without registering a new account; not to the fact that the default view is the login view.
So you don't have ANY option to pay by credit card when you are redirected to Paypal? Goto paypal.com and delete all cookies, then try again and see if you see the option to pay by credit card. If you do not then you may need to contact paypal.

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator

Post by gcit » Sat May 10, 2014 12:49 am

I have the option, but it requires to start a Paypal account also! I miss the option "pay with credit card but do not start a new paypal account"

Post by djuby » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:10 pm

I have the same issue. What I noticed is that the final URL which redirects you to the PayPal site contains ".../checkout/signup" at the end. This shows the credit card option but the user will have to create a PayPal account too. If you change the final URL to ".../checkout/guest", then the option to sign up for a PayPal account disappears. I don't know how to modify the URL within OC and change the "signup" to "guest". Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Post by ADD Creative » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:18 pm

You don't state what version of OpenCart your are using or which PayPal module you are using.

Make sure PayPal Account Optional is turned on in your PayPal account.

If you are using PayPal Express Checkout make sure 'SOLUTIONTYPE' is being set to 'Sole' by the payment module. As mentioned above 'LANDINGPAGE' can be optionally set to 'Billing', check the payment module is doing this. See. https://developer.paypal.com/docs/class ... ation_NVP/

If using PayPal standard, PayPal will decide what options they will give your customer.

There is a bit of information in their guest checkout terms (term 4 at the link below). They used to mention 10 transactions before they require a PayPal account, but this have changed. They will use email addresses, browser cookies, IP addresses, etc. to determine payment from the same customer.
https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/u ... cywax-full

www.add-creative.co.uk

Location - United Kingdom