Post by johnchantler » Mon May 10, 2010 6:01 am

Hi want to offer free downloads to customers who may have purchased our releases from somewhere else. They enter the coupon code and the price changes to $0.00 - problem is that confirming the purchase still calls on paypal who can't process the transaction (as it isn't one as far as they are concerned). Is there any way to jump to 'complete' and bypass paypal where the cart total = $0.00???

Thanks in advance!

John.

Post by SteveSherry » Mon May 10, 2010 6:34 am

I'd use this: http://theqdomain.com/ocstore/opencart_ ... e_checkout
to enable a free checkout

My Website ¦ Summer Madness Special Offer ¦

Location - Wirral, UK

Post by johnchantler » Mon May 10, 2010 5:23 pm

Thanks Steve! I'll give that a go.

john.

Post by johnchantler » Sun May 23, 2010 8:04 pm

ok. finally got around to installing this.

1. Process flow issue.

Be good if payment method and confirmation were on the same page so you could apply a coupon before needing to choose the payment method. I don't understand why this needs to be a split across two pages.

Anyone got any tips on how to consolidate those two steps?

2. Downloads don't show up!

Might be down to something else, but the downloads aren't showing up. it displays two previous downloads but the legend down the bottom says there are 4 (this would include the two done via free checkout) but i can't see them.
Picture 5.png

screenshot of download page with missing items - Picture 5.png (34.17 KiB) Viewed 3140 times

Any ideas why this might be???

Thanks!
John.

Post by Qphoria » Mon May 24, 2010 1:12 pm

johnchantler wrote: Be good if payment method and confirmation were on the same page so you could apply a coupon before needing to choose the payment method. I don't understand why this needs to be a split across two pages.
In the next version, payment and coupon are on the same page for this exact reason.
2. Downloads don't show up!
Be sure the status of the order matches the status set in the settings for download status

Administrator

Post by johnchantler » Tue May 25, 2010 6:08 am

ah! do you know when the next version is out?

re: downloads not showing up, the list count says 4 so i don't think its a status issue... but anyways, i need to test some more things.

thanks for your help!