Post by rofus » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:51 pm

Hi all

I'm using OC 1.5.3.1 and I have a question about PP Standard. I've read in other topics that this implementation doesn't need the IPN configuration/setting on Paypal account as it's passed automatically, and indeed looking at the controller code it does it

Code: Select all

$this->data['return'] = $this->url->link('checkout/success');
$this->data['notify_url'] = $this->url->link('payment/pp_standard/callback', '', 'SSL');
$this->data['cancel_return'] = $this->url->link('checkout/checkout', '', 'SSL');
It all works, is configured to 'Sale' (no 'Authorization'), and payment is confirmed on OC even without coming back to the confirmation page (that is a great thing!).

My question is though: this way if there's a problem in that moment on my server, I don't receive the payment.

If I enable the IPN setting in my Paypal account to the same full address specified by the PP Standard payment module (the result of this

$this->data['notify_url'] = $this->url->link('payment/pp_standard/callback', '', 'SSL');
) wouldn't that mean that Paypal will keep trying to record my order if for some reason the first IPN call is not successful?

Would that pose any problem? I suppose for OC that order would be anyway closed and not possible to be further amended? As I have to stick for now to this implementation, any other suggestion about how to recover easily orders that could be 'lost' if my server doesn't reply to the first IPN at the moment of payment?

I log IPN requests and callbacks (as I enabled debug log and I can see them):

$this->log->write('PP_STANDARD :: IPN REQUEST: ' . $request);
$this->log->write('PP_STANDARD :: IPN RESPONSE: ' . $response);
Are they any useful to recover an order that was placed but didn't get the payment confirmation?

Post by straightlight » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:10 pm

This topic will be moved to the Extensions Support - > Payments section of the forum.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by ADD Creative » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:32 am

If your server does not respond to an IPN (maybe because it did not receive it), PayPal will resend the IPN.

You can read about it here. https://developer.paypal.com/docs/class ... /IPNIntro/

There would be no point setting the callback address in your PayPal account as the payment request will override it with the one in the notify_url field.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom