Post by DaveGibson » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:59 am

Hi everyone,

I'm running OC 1.5.5.1 and it's been running great for 3 years now. I have recently started having customers call or email saying that when they try to checkout, and click the "Confirm Order" on the last step of their checkout, and it starts to go to Paypal for payment, it thinks for a minute, then just gives them a completely white screen.

The link that they are left at is https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr

It seems to really only happen when customers have a lot of line items in their cart because the people who call or email me have well over 20 line items in their carts, and have upwards of 1000 total items based on that. (some products are wire, which is sold by the foot and counted as an item per foot. i.e 1000ft of wire is 1000 items etc)

If you delete some of the items from a really full cart, the problem goes away and you can checkout.

There are no errors that I can find anywhere. I have been able to solve every other issue in the cart over the years thanks to the help and past posts from others on this forum, but I just cannot for the life of me sort this one out. I've gone through all the Paypal settings I can think to. The IPN is correct. Everything works when the cart has only a few items in it. Once you get a big order, it craps out on the customer. I've gone through and disabled modules and add on's to see if anything is randomly causing this, but this is a sort of out of the blue thing. I've had no issues for years (just under $2M gross over that time with almost 2500 orders)

I have searched the forums and Google to no avail. There is another thread on here that talks about it, but doesn't have any solutions or real information.

Has anyone had this issue and has a fix for it?

The website is http://www.milspecwiring.com

Thanks in advance everyone!!!

Post by Johnathan » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:56 pm

I believe the built-in PayPal Standard extension can only support 20 line items or so on the order. You'll probably need to find a different PayPal extension that doesn't have this kind of limitation, and processes the payment on your site (instead of redirecting to PayPal's site).

If you wanted to sign up for Braintree (braintreepayments.com), which is now owned by PayPal, I have a Braintree Payment Gateway that would let customers use credit/debit cards or PayPal directly on your site. It has no item limitation for the order, because it just approves the amount from their PayPal account, and doesn't itemize the order in PayPal like the Standard extension does. Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Note that you'll need an SSL certificate on your site, if you don't already have one installed. That is necessary any time someone is entering secure information on your site, and the payment is being processed on your site instead of someone else's.

Image Image Image Image

Global Moderator

Post by DaveGibson » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:40 am

Thanks for the reply. You are absolutely correct. I hung up with a PayPal tech and they changed over their servers recently with a TSL server upgrade requirement, and when they did it now has a URL length limit, which after to get to around 20 or so items it will trigger, making you just find a blank white page.

So I've updated to Qphoria's PayPal Advanced module and it's working great for these huge orders I'm getting. Thanks again and hope this helps others in the future!

Dave

Post by enether13 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:07 am

I have same problem, trying to checkout on my website. martial-shop.net - site is bilingual and when I checkout using russian version Paypal does not show anything. Just Waiting screen. It started after 30th of september. But I can not pay even if there is one or items in shopping cart. And when I go to checkout and try to pay on English version everything is ok. Can this problem be solved somehow?