Post by SpannerMagnet » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:30 pm

Hi guys,

I'm running OpenCart 1.5.4 with the 3D Secure for PayPal Website Payment Pro extension enabled. However, recently it has stopped working just after completing the verification stage during check-out. I noticed someone else has raised that there is a fault with this extension (See latest comment on the link above).

I recently received the following email, so need to have 3D secure enabled in the check-out:
The Second Payment Services Directive or PSD2 as implemented in European and UK law requires all in-scope merchants to enable 3D Secure (3DS) in their checkout to ensure they can continue to process card payments.
Is there a different extension that can be used instead? Should the default PayPal payment method not include this security feature?

Thank you.

Post by straightlight » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:36 pm

SpannerMagnet wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:30 pm
Hi guys,

I'm running OpenCart 1.5.4 with the 3D Secure for PayPal Website Payment Pro extension enabled. However, recently it has stopped working just after completing the verification stage during check-out. I noticed someone else has raised that there is a fault with this extension (See latest comment on the link above).

I recently received the following email, so need to have 3D secure enabled in the check-out:
The Second Payment Services Directive or PSD2 as implemented in European and UK law requires all in-scope merchants to enable 3D Secure (3DS) in their checkout to ensure they can continue to process card payments.
Is there a different extension that can be used instead? Should the default PayPal payment method not include this security feature?

Thank you.
Aside to know if there's a different extension that can be used, contact the extension developer to resolve this issue with the current extension.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by ADD Creative » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:43 pm

SpannerMagnet wrote:
Hi guys,

Thank you.
It could be that they are now enforcing 3DS 2.0 and the extension doesn't support it. Have you contacted the developer?
https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/psd2

There is a later version of PayPal Pro with 3DS 2.0. Not for 1.5.x, but could be back ported.
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=36771
Last edited by ADD Creative on Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by SpannerMagnet » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:14 pm

ADD Creative wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:43 pm
SpannerMagnet wrote:
Hi guys,

Thank you.
It could be that they are now enforcing 3DS 2.0 and the extension doesn't support it. Have you contacted the developer?
https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/psd2

There is a later version of PayPal Pro with 3DS 2.0. Not for 1.5.x, but could be back ported.
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=18264
I've contacted the developer, but have yet to receive a response.

That link appears to be the same extension that I purchased. According to the compatibility chart, 1.5.4 should be OK?

Attachments

Screenshot 2021-09-14 at 15.12.21.png

Screenshot 2021-09-14 at 15.12.21.png (54.39 KiB) Viewed 6956 times

Expert Member

Post by SpannerMagnet » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:37 pm

Thanks. That looks like it could do the trick!

Do you think it would be easier to back-port this to 1.5.4 or upgrade to a newer version of OpenCart?
If the later, which version of OC should I upgrade to?

Post by straightlight » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:16 pm

SpannerMagnet wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:37 pm

Do you think it would be easier to back-port this to 1.5.4 or upgrade to a newer version of OpenCart?
The latest OC version, at this time, is: v3.0.3.8 .

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by SpannerMagnet » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:46 pm

3.0.3.8 isn't mentioned on the list of compatible versions though. Would it definitely work and is jumping from 1.5.4 to 3.0.3.8 doable?

Post by straightlight » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:09 pm

SpannerMagnet wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:46 pm
3.0.3.8 isn't mentioned on the list of compatible versions though. Would it definitely work and is jumping from 1.5.4 to 3.0.3.8 doable?
No. Extensions needs to be updated with that range. You can also use the free import / export tool to re-integrate the most important assets on your database: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... sion_id=17 .

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by ADD Creative » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:51 pm

SpannerMagnet wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:37 pm

That depends of how completed your store is and what data you need to keep. If you have a lot of extensions, custom theme or custom modifications, these are unlikely to be compatible with version 2 or 3.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Post by SpannerMagnet » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:43 pm

straightlight wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:09 pm
SpannerMagnet wrote:
No. Extensions needs to be updated with that range. You can also use the free import / export tool to re-integrate the most important assets on your database: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... sion_id=17 .
Does the upgrade processes not retain all products, categories etc?

Post by straightlight » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:12 pm

SpannerMagnet wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:43 pm
straightlight wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:09 pm
SpannerMagnet wrote:
Does the upgrade processes not retain all products, categories etc?
Depending on how many extensions on top of the core have been installed. Which is why, there are no promises on that while better promises can be provided to the people when installing a fresh OC version and re-integrate the data based on the extensions that's been either downloaded or purchased prior to re-download them to maintain the flexibility of their stores.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by SpannerMagnet » Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:58 pm

straightlight wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:12 pm
Depending on how many extensions on top of the core have been installed. Which is why, there are no promises on that while better promises can be provided to the people when installing a fresh OC version and re-integrate the data based on the extensions that's been either downloaded or purchased prior to re-download them to maintain the flexibility of their stores.
It's been some time since I did the initial installation, but I believe it's a relatively basic OpenCart setup. It has 1 or 2 payment modules added, but alas they are no longer supported.

So I just need to get upgrade OpenCart, so that it's PHP8 compatible and has a payment module that features 3D secure. The latest version of OC compatible with this module is 3.0.3.2, so I'll maybe go with that. I'll agree with your advice that installing a new instance of OpenCart is the way forward. Is there a guide to installing a newer version on the same server, side-by-side with the existing one?

Once that's done, I can try the using the free import / export tool to get the products/categories etc shifted over.

Post by straightlight » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:26 pm

SpannerMagnet wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:58 pm
straightlight wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:12 pm
It's been some time since I did the initial installation, but I believe it's a relatively basic OpenCart setup. It has 1 or 2 payment modules added, but alas they are no longer supported.

So I just need to get upgrade OpenCart, so that it's PHP8 compatible and has a payment module that features 3D secure. The latest version of OC compatible with this module is 3.0.3.2, so I'll maybe go with that. I'll agree with your advice that installing a new instance of OpenCart is the way forward. Is there a guide to installing a newer version on the same server, side-by-side with the existing one?

Once that's done, I can try the using the free import / export tool to get the products/categories etc shifted over.
There are no guide, since the stores and their databases can be customized by all store owners and their programmers already. No promises can be provided without either knowing what someone might be doing or by hiring somebody by creating a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum. However, the most important part is to make a full backup of your stores and their databases and run the upgrade on a development / virtual server once you uploaded a fresh version of the latest release and re-install all your extensions (compatibility must be included).

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by SpannerMagnet » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:36 pm

The link within the extension to register for a cardinal account no longer works (https://paypal3dsregistration.cardinalc ... tpage.aspx)

I tried contacting Cardinal Commerce directly and received the following response:
I hope this note finds you well. I received word that you were looking for integration credentials. Unfortunately we are no longer boarding or registering merchants on this solution for PayPal. PayPal asks that you all integrate to their solution called Complete Payments under their developer center Advanced Integration for EMV 3DS 2.1. You may also email PayPal at ldrglobal@paypal.com for assistance.
Is there a PayPal module that covers this? Surely this must be a popular extension, as everyone should now be using secure check-out.

Post by ADD Creative » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:58 pm

Seems like PayPal have effectively ended PayPal Pro with 3DS.

I assume by Complete Payments they mean their PayPal Commerce Platform.
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=38358

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member