Post by finedesignz » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:40 am

Hi,

I posted this on another thread, but thought it might be best to start a new one.

When I checkout with Paypal standard since upgrading to 1.5.1.3 from 1.4.9, after I login, I get double charged on sales tax. (See the example image attached) Previously, tax, shipping, etc. were sent to Paypal separately, now they are combined and Paypal is charging tax twice.

Need a fix on this ASAP... Client is not happy. Any thoughts?

Attachments

paypal issue.JPG

paypal issue.JPG (50.35 KiB) Viewed 4102 times

Post by finedesignz » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:33 am

Hi,

I know everyone is really busy, but if anyone can help with this, it would be much appreciated. Even a patch job would be great at this point. My client is expecting a $2k payment and double sales tax will not be good for business.

Post by svnaturals » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:01 am

Just wondering if you've found a solution to this problem.

I'm having the same trouble. I have a tax rate configured in PayPal that can't be deleted or deactivated for some reason, so I'm thinking that's the problem. I've contacted PayPal, so hopefully they'll get back to me soon.

Spring Valley Naturals, Inc. - Proudly powered by OpenCart!
http://springvalleynaturals.com

Post by srunyon1 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:47 pm

I too am having this issue but not double charging but I need Tax broken out of shipping and handling.

Post by BellaBella » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:49 am

Is anybody home? I'm having this same issue as well. I see this thread is old, but I saw no solution. The only thing I can think of is not setting up taxes on the OC side and leaving the taxes up to Paypal and Paypal alone. Not sure how I feel about that. Would like some feedback/advice. Figured I'd bump this thread instead of making a new one.

Change Star Ratings to Hearts

Location - Racine, WI

Post by BellaBella » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:40 pm

Never mind! I figured it out. For anyone having the same problem, go to your paypal account and hover over your profile button. Click on "My Selling Tools". Click 'Update' on the 'Sales Tax' line and delete the rule. Also, if you don't want Paypal to calculate your shipping (your customer may be prompted to enter their shipping zip code ) scroll down on the 'My Selling Tools' page to 'Shipping My Items'. Click on 'Update' on the 'Shipping Calculations' line and delete what you don't want. Took me a while to figure this out. I hope I can spare somebody my pain. :)

Change Star Ratings to Hearts

Location - Racine, WI

Post by mkp007 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:27 pm

Thanks BellaBella for the tip.

my setting was located in PayPal -> Profile - > Hosted Payments Settings - > VAT

Now I'm wondering how many orders got double taxed! ???

Vorticy, Inc.
Opencart 1.5.6.4, MySQL 5.1.73-5, PHP 5.3.3-46, Plesk v12.0.18, OS CentOS 6