Post by nevcoop@gmail.com » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:27 pm

Dear members, I need some help and advice. I have a website that sells and distributes wines all over the world. The Joomla website runs with Opencart 1.5.5.1 and Mijoshop 2.5.4. The problem I have is with shipping. I am looking for a module or extension that will be able to handle my shipping workflow. This can be very complexed and I need multiple rules, such and duties, taxes, vat, etc. The module must be able to handle multiple variables regarding weight, size, etc. It will also be preferable if it can be integrated with zip codes, or even better yet, Google Maps. The module must also be able to handle variable shipping options and shipping vendors, based on rules. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

Post by Johnathan » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:24 pm

If your rates are based on the entire cart, Formula-Based Shipping supports taxes, weight, dimensions, postcode, and distance, so it sounds like it might work for you.

If you need those kind of rules for different products and categories, Category & Product-Based Shipping is an upgrade to that.

If you need even more advanced rule sets, or to query other live rate services like UPS or Fedex, Ultimate Shipping can do all of that.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by PCostello » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:26 pm

I have a similar requirement for help.

I use opencart 3.0 2.0. We use weight based calculation system for shipping. We dispatch goods all over the world. Single items the cost of shipping is correct. We have a minimum weight for each item in case they are ordered single items, however when 5/6/7 or more items together are added up the weight and cost of shipping is excessive.

Is there a module that can bring the cost of shipping down on multiple items?

Our products are car components, everything from small screws, grommets, brakes, clutches up to complete car body tub, heavy wheels, tyres, windscreen kits and so on. The items are all different weights and sizes.

Our aim is to provide the customer with the most cost effective shipping method no matter what they order. Any help/assistance in achieving this would be well received.

Regards

Patrick

Post by Johnathan » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:54 pm

Are your weight-based shipping calculations your own formula? If so, then if you set the weight for every item appropriately, you could use the built-in Weight Based Shipping to calculate a rate that's correct for a combination of items.

If that won't work for some reason, and you want to set individual rates for each item, Category & Product-Based Shipping can do that. You could set up weight-based rates for each different type of product, and then add them together into a single cost to the customer. You'd still need to figure out all the formulas yourself, but it would give you more flexibility about how you charge for each product.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by PCostello » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:14 pm

Hi Jonathan,

As far as I am aware use our own formulas for shipping. Not one at my company has great deal of knowledge or experience on Opencart. Very much learning on the job.

Weight based system for categories may be useful. I'll check the demo out and come back if I require further assistance.

Thank you.