Post by partrir » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:15 pm

Hi,

I'm having difficulty getting the import export module to work. It seems to install OK, and when I export, an XLS is created, but when I try to load that XLS into Excel, I get a message that says...

"The file you are trying to open "filename.xls" is in a different format than specified by the file extension. Verify that the file is not corrupted and is from a trusted source before opening the file".

When I open the file, I just see corrupt data.

Opencart 1.4.8, and I've checked I have the right module version. Hosted on a Linux server.

I've tried opening the XLS with various versions of Excel (from 2003 to 2010) all with the same result.

Help please!!!

Rob

Post by cevarief » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:22 pm

Try open the xls file with texteditor such as notepad, to find out it's real excell file or csv with xls extension. Also you can see if the file has some error or anything as a clue to your problem solving.
Btw, where do you get the module? Seems it's not builtin oc module?

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:56 am

I take from your PM that the problem has now been resolved by commenting out the offensive code line which tried to modify a PHP setting. Looks like your web host is overly restrictive in its PHP configuration.

In general, if someone has problems reading the XLS file in MS Excel, it's always worth a try to open it up in OpeOffice 3.x. Quite often Open Office can better cope with XLS files, because newer versions of MS Excel seem to have at times problems when it comes to being backward compatible to the 97/2000/XP XLS file format.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by rives » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:52 pm

Hi

Just starting out with opencart and import/ export is the first module I've added. All seemed to install OK but I am getting this same problem. Exported file appears to be php code or something and I suspect it may be the php config of our hosting company but am not that familiar with how to change these.

I have tried opening the file with Open Calc 3 and it still doesn't look right so assume it is my php settings.

Could you confirm what the fix was? Which code line was commented out to make it work? If you could confirm I would rerally appreciate it,

thanks in advance

Richard

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:35 pm

rives wrote:Hi

Just starting out with opencart and import/ export is the first module I've added. All seemed to install OK but I am getting this same problem. Exported file appears to be php code or something and I suspect it may be the php config of our hosting company but am not that familiar with how to change these.

I have tried opening the file with Open Calc 3 and it still doesn't look right so assume it is my php settings.

Could you confirm what the fix was? Which code line was commented out to make it work? If you could confirm I would rerally appreciate it,

thanks in advance

Richard
Need more details. What Opencart version? How did you populate your Opencart database?

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by rives » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:31 am

Hi

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I have just installed open cart version Version 1.4.9.1 and then import/ export v 1-4-9-17. I did have a problem with the htaccess file but i appear to have fixed that but had to comment out the Option line.

# 1.To use URL Alias you need to be running apache with mod_rewrite enabled.
# 2. In your opencart directory rename htaccess.txt to .htaccess.
# For any support issues please visit: http://www.opencart.com

# Options +FollowSymlinks

RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.*)\?*$ index.php?_route_=$1 [L,QSA]

I am trying to export the data that is in the installed system, just wanted to export it to get the spreadsheet structure, delete the demo products, add my products to the spreadsheet and then upload it again.

Hope that's enough info - thanks again for your help and if you need more info then just let me know.

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:25 am

Hi rives ,

Looks like there is something else wrong in the way you installed it all. Check all your log files, e.g. Opencart's system/error.txt and your server's error_log. Might give you some clues as to what may have gone wrong.

Guru Member

Post by rives » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:01 am

Hi J

Thanks for the pointers - think I found the problem but don't really know why. Opencart's system/error.txt said "PHP Warning: set_time_limit() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/fhlinux007/m/meritt-cameras.co.uk/user/htdocs/admin/controller/tool/export.php on line 76"

If I take out line 76 " set_time_limit( 1800 );" the export seems to work fine. Not sure if I have screwed anything up by taking this line out but assume it doesn't affect the modules performance?

cheers

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:20 am

rives wrote:Hi J

Thanks for the pointers - think I found the problem but don't really know why. Opencart's system/error.txt said "PHP Warning: set_time_limit() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/fhlinux007/m/meritt-cameras.co.uk/user/htdocs/admin/controller/tool/export.php on line 76"

If I take out line 76 " set_time_limit( 1800 );" the export seems to work fine. Not sure if I have screwed anything up by taking this line out but assume it doesn't affect the modules performance?

cheers
This is no problem. If the time_limit ever needs to be increased, it can also be done via your php.ini file.

Guru Member

Post by sruchan » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:20 pm

Hi,
I am using opencart 1.5.1.3 & installed export/import tool.When i try to export, i am getting error
"The file you are trying to open "filename.xls" is in a different format than specified by the file extension. Verify that the file is not corrupted and is from a trusted source before opening the file".

When i still open , i see blank xls file.
Can anyone help pls?

Post by ThePath » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:40 pm

Im getting the same error as sruchan, anybody else get this on 1.5.1.3?

OpenCart Theme Options - See All My Extensions - OpenCart Themes and Mods

Location - Scotland

Post by JayPrakashSharma » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:57 pm

Hello Everybody,
I'm facing a problems related to import and export data file, actually I want to import txt file data in in excel file and perform some filtration in this data , after that export this file data in sql file or any other file extension such as csv, mdb, html etc. So let me tell whether is any option to perform such kind of actions or any third party tool which performed such kind of task.
Please resolve my problem as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance!

Post by justinv » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:09 am

I have a range of import tools available at http://opencart.hostjars.com. You can import from CSV or XML, sometimes also straight from a DB.

Documentation: OpenCart User Guide
Mods: Total Import PRO | CSV Import PRO | Ecom Tracking | Any Feed | Autosuggest | OpenCart CDN

Post by GoluSingh » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:15 am

Hello JayPrakashSharma,
Yes! Excel provides an option to import data from different file extension such as txt, mdb, sql etc. To do this open Microsoft Excel and select Data tab where you can import different file data. you can also used third party software to perform such kind of actions. I had used MindStick DataConverter to perform this task.

MindStick DataConverter Downloads Link: http://mindstick.com/Product/ProductDC.aspx

I hope it might resolve your problem.

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:26 am

JayPrakashSharma wrote:Hello Everybody,
I'm facing a problems related to import and export data file, actually I want to import txt file data in in excel file and perform some filtration in this data , after that export this file data in sql file or any other file extension such as csv, mdb, html etc. So let me tell whether is any option to perform such kind of actions or any third party tool which performed such kind of task.
Please resolve my problem as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance!
If you are sticking close to the field columns of the individual Opencart DB tables, you could use CSV files for export or import using the PHPMyAdmin tool.

Guru Member