Post by raincatcher » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:15 pm

Hi all I wounder if any one can help me here
Got this extension google feed by Uksb not sure what has gone wrong as new to loading mods.
Anyway I loaded it up to server three files. went back to admin and mod was there but missing google images like in video is saying if all three are not there sumthing has gone wrong .
No sure if I have loaded vqmod correct as when I search for in URL is saying cant find page. dos any one no now to load correct I am new so no sure if I have don correct with vqmod many thanks I spent 2hour trying but just confused my self in the end

Post by uksitebuilder » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:10 pm

The Google Images sitemap can be switched on in the UKSB Sitemaps settings section.

I need to update the video tutorial on that

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom

Post by raincatcher » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:53 pm

so I have loaded it ok then ? Was not sure if I had to do anything with vqmod folder as just up loaded it to server like other files

Post by uksitebuilder » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:35 pm

Well, you need to have vQmod installed separately.

Then for our extension, you upload the contents of the 'upload' folder
Upload the xml file from our vqmod folder to your vqmod/xml folder
Install the feed via admin Extensions - Products Feeds

Guru Member

Post by raincatcher » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:47 am

hi thank you for you help can you explain how to load vqmod as not sure what to do. do i have to load a different mod to up load first? then up load your in to it ? if so were do i get vqmod from and were do i upload it to also not seeing google shopping in products?
best regards
martin

Post by uksitebuilder » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:30 pm

vQmod is a separate mod

It should only be used on stores that have not already made any changes to the core code

It can be obtained from http://www.vqmod.com - Dead easy to install

Once installed you copy our vqmod xml file in to the vqmod/xml folder you will have after instllating vqmod

You also need to upload the contents of the 'upload' folder from our extension

Guru Member

Post by raincatcher » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:18 pm

ok got vqmod uploaded works when go to url comes back installed
but your extesion is still not showing up in product ? am i missing sumthink checked all files all loaded up to server
driving me crazy

Post by uksitebuilder » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:33 pm

Email me with ftp access to your server -> info[at]uksitebuilder.net

Guru Member

Post by raincatcher » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:26 pm

ok have sent you details if you can have look see whats going on or what i am doing wrong
best regards
martin

Post by HankMcSpank » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:21 am

uksitebuilder wrote:The Google Images sitemap can be switched on in the UKSB Sitemaps settings section.

I need to update the video tutorial on that

Just bought installed this yesterday...once I enable google image sitemap in UKSB Sitemaps what happens (what does it do & what do I need to do other than enable?!)

Is this particulat extension mainly UK centric...if not then how do I also submit a datafeed for other Google countries?

Also...there's a tab for US bing...is that just for USA based websites...or even if my website is UK based can I submit feeds into US bing? (& what's the best way to verify my UK opencart website for Bing?)

Post by uksitebuilder » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:47 pm

Hi,

The sitemap(s) need to be submitted to to Sites such as Google Webmasters Tools, Bing Webmasters Tools (which also does Yahoo)

--

The extension is not UK centric. To submit to other Google Shopping sites, other than the UK, you need to first make sure your site has the currency / language installed for the Google Shopping site you wish to submit to.

So, for Google US, you need to have USD currency enabled in your store.

Then, in the feed settings, you simply choose the Google Shopping site from the drop down list of Google Shopping sites and the Data Feed URL will change on the fly, so you can copy and paste that in to the Google Merchant account Data Feeds section.

--

Unfortunately, BING US Feeds are for US Companies only. To create an account with Bing US, you need to supply various credentials that only US Based companies will have.

Guru Member

Post by HankMcSpank » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:26 pm

Thanks.

I managed to get all my products submitted to Google for the UK, by setting my UK shipping as default (I have set a flat rate shipping for each of the currencies they have listed on the Google merchant data feed 'tax & shipping' page)

I also managed to get my products successfully submitted to the US site, by changing the USA to be the default shipping option in the tax & shiopping page....**and* also changing the last threee character to be USD, for example...

http://mysite/index.php?route=feed/uksb ... ncy=[b]USD[/b]

I have added UK, Austrailia US & Brazilian currencies to my site....I then had trouble submitting to these particular datafeeds (the errors I got were shipping related again).

I'm very confused about what I need to do with respect to the shipping aspect within google data feeds....when submitting to different countries!

So do I need to change the last three characters to be that of the country I'm submitting the feed to (so for example USD for the US, BRL for Brazilian Real etc) ...and do I need to select that country as default shipping in the google data feed tax & shipping page?

If so, then the problem I foresee, is that you can only have one default shipping selection within Google merchant datafeeeds ...and if you choose to update all of your feeds to google daily at say 01.00hrs, then all but one of the feeds will fail with the incorrect associated shipping ...or am I missing something fundamental here?

Post by uksitebuilder » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:47 pm

Hi

Basically the URL changes slightly for each country feed as you have found out by manually changing the 3 digit country code in the feed link

The same can be achieved by choosing the Google Shopping site in the feed settings. Choosing a different Google Shopping site in the drop down will change the Feed link on the fly.

In the Google Merchant Center Tax & Shipping section, it shouldn't matter which country/shipping rate is set as default. As long as you have added shipping rates for each country/Google Shopping site, Google should automatically pick up and use the correct rates for the country and feed.

i.e. if people are browsing Google Shopping UK, Google should use the UK rates you have entered. If people are browsing Google Shopping US, then the US rates should be used and detected by Google automatically.

--

An update is going to be added soon for Brasil. But your store needs to have the BRL currency installed and also have it's content pages in Portuguese. In this instance not only does the 3 digit currency code in the feed link change, but also the 2 digit language code changes from 'en' to 'pt'

Guru Member

Post by HankMcSpank » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:03 pm

uksitebuilder wrote:Hi
In the Google Merchant Center Tax & Shipping section, it shouldn't matter which country/shipping rate is set as default. As long as you have added shipping rates for each country/Google Shopping site, Google should automatically pick up and use the correct rates for the country and feed.
'
I have all my feeds set to auto update at 01.00hrs....all my feeds fail with shipping related errors *except* the feed that is set as shipping default in Goolge ...which suggests it has to be a combination of the datafeed url supplied to google & the default shipping country. For now I will just use auto update of the UK (& set the UK as shipping default)...whenever I wish to update the otehr countries I will it manually.

Thanks for the info about Brazil....re portuguese...that'll be were my Brazilian wife starts earning her keep!

Re the bing/yahoositemap URL provided withinb the UKSB sitemap interface - I visited the 'Yahoo & Bing webmaster tools' but never found anywhere to actually place the link, for example...

http://www.mysite.co.uk/index.php?route ... ll&store=0

bing just seemed to want the main URL ...so there wwww.mysite.co.uk is all I need to submit?

When do you hope to have Ciaio UK & PriceGrabber/Yahoo released?

Many thanks,
Hank.

Post by r1toby » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:16 am

Hello... I'm having a similar problem to Rainmaker. I recently downloaded and installed UKSB Google Merchant / Bing Shopping / Feeds + XML Sitemaps. Everythings seems to be fine except I don't see the google tab on the product page just like Rainmaker.

Any advice? Thanks in advance for your help.

Post by uksitebuilder » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:35 pm

r1toby, There are 2 parts to the installation

1. Upload the contents of the 'upload' folder to your store root - These are all new files (which you have done I think).

2. Either Manually modify core files as per the readme-install.txt file or upload the 2 xml files if you have vQmod installed.

If you have done the 2nd step then the Google Shoppng tab should appear on your edit products and edit categories pages.

Guru Member

Post by moneycarlo » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:29 am

I looked at the demo for this mod and was wondering, for the Google Product Category, are you just applying 1 general category for everything? Or was I missing something more? want to make sure I saw it right.
thanks!

Post by uksitebuilder » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:54 pm

There are 3 ways to apply the Google Product Category

1. Globally for Everything
2. On a per category basis which over-rides the global
3. On a per product basis which over-rides the above

Guru Member

Post by aaamusements » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:12 pm

I lost my google tabs on category and product pages at some point too. I have reinstalled everything numerous times now, but to no avail...
???

Edit: Think I have sorted it at last. I completely deleted and reinstalled all of VQMOD. It appears that was where the issue lay.
:)

Gamucci Electronic Cigarette Opencart Shop

Post by aaamusements » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:03 pm

aaamusements wrote:I lost my google tabs on category and product pages at some point too. I have reinstalled everything numerous times now, but to no avail...
???

Edit: Think I have sorted it at last. I completely deleted and reinstalled all of VQMOD. It appears that was where the issue lay.
:)
Spoke too soon... turned my back and it's gone again.
Fed up of this - not saying that it's definitely an issue with the mod, but whatever the case it's getting tiring now trying to keep it going...
:(

Edit: Got it working again I think, I deleted the contents of the VQCACHE folder and the feed is there again, at least when I view in web browser...

I don't seem to have an error log anymore... I don't remember exactly where it was but somewhere in the VQMOD directory I was sure, and there is no sign now...

EDIT2: Just to clarify, the issue does appear to be within vqmod and not a problem with the UKSB mod.

Gamucci Electronic Cigarette Opencart Shop