Post by Ariskos » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:33 pm

Opentasks "Your Admin panel To Do List"

Extension Name: Opentasks
Extension version: 1.0
Opencart Compatibility: ✔ Tested in all 1.5.x Opencart versions. (last check 7/3/2013) (avoid opencart version 1.5.5)

General Description:
Opentasks extension provides a “To Do List” for the admin users of your opencart eshop. Organize the employees of your online shop, prioritize your tasks for the upcoming days and observe their progress status.

Video Presentation:
http://youtu.be/TnPaEJJRlJw

Features:
  • Create a task. Give it a title and describe what must be done.
    ( ❤ Use the text editor to enrich your description with images, links, bold messages, etc)
  • Assign an expiring date to the task.
    ( ❤ Use the popup calendar for saving your time)
  • Specify the task’s Author/Creator and let your moderators know who wants that task to be done.
    ( ❤ Choose from the list of already existing admin users, no name searching or typing)
  • Specify the task’s Executer, so everyone knows what is assigned to whom.
    ( ❤ Choose from the list of already existing admin users, no name searching or typing)
  • Prioritize the necessity of the task by entering a priority level.
    (❤ If there are 2 or more task to be done at the same day, let your employees know what is more important.)
  • Mark the status of your tasks and let others know its progress.
  • Modify a moderator permissions on the extension. Deny modifying access in order to allow moderators update the task status but not delete, edit or counterfeit its content.
  • Sort your tasks by ascending / descending order.
    (❤ Sort first what is urgent in priority and let minor task at the bottom)
  • Filter your tasks by title, description, task creator/executer, date, priority, status.
    (❤ Enter an expiring date and have as result the tasks that expiring or are below that date, ✯ Filter which tasks are assigning to your name and avoid unnecessary searches, ✯ Locate all the open tasks quickly and easily)
  • Be always informed of how many tasks you have and how many of them are in urgent priority with the Opentasks extension Widget! Locate it at the header, so it can always be visible from any admin page.
All rights reserved from Aris Skordialos (Ariskos)
For support please contact me at: skoraris -at- gmail -dot- com
Stay tuned for updates and new extensions in:
www.twitter.com/ArisSkordialos
Last edited by Ariskos on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Web Developer specialized in Opencart. Visit my extensions:
(1)SKU Generator 1.5.x / (2) Opentasks

Location - Athens

Post by Ariskos » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:01 am

As a continue to the presentation I would like to write a few more details about the very useful Widget which comes together with the Opentasks Extension.
The widget (if you follow the installation guide inside readme_first.txt file) is located in the header file of admin page. So regardless of the admin page which you are, you are always get informed on 2 main things:
1) How many tasks are marked with Open status (which means that no moderator has started doing those tasks yet)
2) How many tasks are marked with Urgent Priority Level.

If there is no open or no urgent task then the widget collapses showing what is necessary. So you will find the widget in the following 4 states:
1) There is neither any Open task nor any Urgent task right now:

2) There are some Open tasks but no Urgent tasks:

3) There are some Urgent tasks but no Open tasks:

4) There are some Open tasks and there are also some Urgent task, at the same time:

Clicking on those buttons it will filter the results and transfers you to the wanted page all Open tasks or Urgent tasks.

Location - Athens

Post by Ariskos » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:07 am

Chistmas Offer with 20% Discount!
Buy both SKU Generator Extension and Opentasks Extension with only 20 $.

You can find the combined extension at extensions store: SKU Generator and Opentasks

The christmas offer will last until 05/01/2013
Merry christmas to all and a happy new Year!

Location - Athens

Post by Ariskos » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:52 pm

I just tested the compatibility with Opencart version 1.5.5.1 and all are fine 8)
I would also like to mention that it would be better to avoid opencart version 1.5.5 (and go directly to 1.5.5.1) as there is a general extension compatibility issue with the files of languages' classes.
Thanks

Location - Athens

Post by rdvapors » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:40 am

Hi,
I love the extension! It has helped with organizing my efforts. I recently checked my error logs and found this

2013-07-22 12:34:48 - PHP Notice: Undefined variable: creator in /home/reddrago/public_html/admin/view/template/catalog/opentasks_form.tpl on line 65
2013-07-22 12:34:48 - PHP Notice: Undefined variable: executer in /home/reddrago/public_html/admin/view/template/catalog/opentasks_form.tpl on line 74

But I am unable to trace it down. Can you help with this?

Post by santoshost » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:24 am

Hi,

Could you tell what could cause a blank page on my opentasks page please, this started after i tried to edit 1 task, now I can't access the opentask tab anymore, the site works fine. I need your help to fix this ok, thanks

Kind Regards

Post by Ariskos » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:55 pm

santoshost wrote:Hi,

Could you tell what could cause a blank page on my opentasks page please, this started after i tried to edit 1 task, now I can't access the opentask tab anymore, the site works fine. I need your help to fix this ok, thanks

Kind Regards
Please doublecheck that the version you installed the extension is compatible with extension's supported versions.

Location - Athens

Post by santoshost » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:01 am

Yes, my opencart version is 1.5.4 what would you need to check it for us please. Thank you...