Post by azzi-charbel » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:48 pm

One quick question if someone can guide me on the issue.

Now, and after the extension has been successefully installed and all modifications/caches has been cleared... I can see an error under: Extensions > modifications > Log

Code: Select all

MOD: My Extension
CODE: <td class="text-center">{{ column_image }}</td>
LINE: 228
CODE: <td class="text-left">{{ product.name }}</td>
NOT FOUND - OPERATIONS ABORTED!
CODE: $data['sort_name'] = $this->url->link('catalog/product', 'user_token=' . $this->session->data['user_token'] . '&sort=pd.name' . $url, true);
LINE: 794
CODE: $sort = 'pd.name';
LINE: 531
CODE: $order = 'ASC';
LINE: 539
CODE: $sort_data = array(
LINE: 640
Can somebody explain how to solve this error here:

CODE: <td class="text-left">{{ product.name }}</td>
NOT FOUND - OPERATIONS ABORTED!
It is weird because this piece of code is indeed available at the selected file.

Post by by mona » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:08 pm

Great - team effort .. O0

Ok so that is a conflict
When you installed OC there was a screen that said - SECURITY - MOVE STORAGE FOLDER OUT OF PUBLIC_HTML
do you remember that?
Screen-Shot-2021-01-20-at-10.09.10.jpg

Screen-Shot-2021-01-20-at-10.09.10.jpg (39.76 KiB) Viewed 1230 times

this is what you are looking for
Screen-Shot-2021-01-20-at-10.11.02.jpg

Screen-Shot-2021-01-20-at-10.11.02.jpg (19.69 KiB) Viewed 1228 times

This is the modified file which will tell you what the conflict is and how to resolve it.
Basically you have another modification that has already changed that code.

and just to check - you do not use vQmod as well do you?

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by azzi-charbel » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:03 pm

Thank you again for your help,
Of course I remember the storage folder and mine is located as below:

public_html/mydomain.com
public_html/mydomain-storage
I went to: /public_html/mydomain-storage/modification/admin/view/template/catalog and opened the file product_list.twig and as you said I couldn't find <td class="text-left">{{ product.name }}</td> anywhere in the file as it was modified by another extension.

But my questions now:
  • How to know what extension is doing this conflict ?
  • How to resolve this conflict ?
I am sorry for my question if they look silly for you but I am new to coding world ?

Thank you,

Post by straightlight » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:31 pm

public_html/mydomain-storage
FAQ (first post): viewtopic.php?f=134&t=215776#p717782

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by by mona » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:47 pm

azzi-charbel wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:03 pm
No problem

azzi-charbel wrote:
How to know what extension is doing this conflict ?
You have to go through your ocmods - the clue is what it is changing so you have to be logical about it and you will likely find the code in your modification log.

azzi-charbel wrote:
How to resolve this conflict ?
Ideally use a different code to do the same thing - you used before can you use after instead?
Assuming it was not removed, rather replaced or edited use the new code and note that it will only work if both modules are installed.

What straightlight has pointed you to is correct, your storage folder should not be in your public_html, but that is a side issue at this point.

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:56 pm

by mona wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:47 pm
azzi-charbel wrote:
No problem

azzi-charbel wrote:
How to know what extension is doing this conflict ?
You have to go through your ocmods - the clue is what it is changing so you have to be logical about it and you will likely find the code in your modification log.

azzi-charbel wrote:
How to resolve this conflict ?
Ideally use a different code to do the same thing - you used before can you use after instead?
Assuming it was not removed, rather replaced or edited use the new code and note that it will only work if both modules are installed.

What straightlight has pointed you to is correct, your storage folder should not be in your public_html, but that is a side issue at this point.
It's not a side, it's an implicit issue in this scenario.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by by mona » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:12 pm

@ Straighlight

Step by step team working and this has actually been resolved with all the different aspects to it.
You are correct in some aspect, but your superior coding skills are complicating matters.
The next step is to find the right code to search.

DISCLAIMER:

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:15 pm

by mona wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:12 pm
@ Straighlight

Step by step team working and this has actually been resolved with all the different aspects to it.
You are correct in some aspect, but your superior coding skills are complicating matters.
The next step is to find the right code to search.
Your point of view. However, this has nothing to do with codes but rather analysis based on an installed extension where this forum does not need to support. OP user has been suggested to contact the extension developer and to upgrade to the latest release noticing if the reported issues would be solved. There are no step-by-step involved for unsupported claims on the forum. Otherwise, most extensions published from the Marketplace, or originating from 3rd party websites, wouldn't need the involvement of a license.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by by mona » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:46 pm

exhausting .. I think you are a little confused again ..
We are helping because we want to and you know what - so few OPs make as much effort, follow instructions and say thank you - he / she deserves the effort we are putting in. If it gets to the point you need to be paid - I will be the first to point them in that direction.

DISCLAIMER:

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:51 pm

by mona wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:46 pm
exhausting .. I think you are a little confused again ..
We are helping because we want to and you know what - so few OPs make as much effort, follow instructions and say thank you - he / she deserves the effort we are putting in. If it gets to the point you need to be paid - I will be the first to point them in that direction.
It's the way it's been since day 1 pretty much since OP users in general are posting for themselves on anyhow until they gather what they need even though the same solution may have been posted a thousand times before on the forum.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by IP_CAM » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:56 pm

viewtopic.php?f=176&p=810180#p810180
And next time, to avoid, running into problems, please follow the Forum Rules, when
it comes to paid Theme Extensions, like a Joural Theme, you obviously use. It's one
reason, why this topic has been moved into the commercial Section. And simply
ignoring such might result in eventually beeing banned from this place.
viewtopic.php?f=125&t=221772&p=809311#p809311

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by by mona » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:06 am

@IP_CAM - quite the opposite - they are NOT using THAT theme whose name should not be mentioned -
If they were they would not need to ask for something similar, they would already have it ..

DISCLAIMER:

Expert Member

Post by by mona » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:07 am

@azzi-charbel - So very pleased.
I am going to get out the glitter ball and dance around the kitchen - rock on vaccine :drunk:

@sw!tch and @xxvirusxx - always a pleasure ..
we got there in the end 8)

DISCLAIMER:

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:08 am

by mona wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:06 am
@IP_CAM - quite the opposite - they are NOT using THAT theme whose name should not be mentioned -
If they were they would not need to ask for something similar, they would already have it ..
While the above might be true, it's also based on what is being asked regardless if they OP user already has it or not. Which is why, there are some bars being set in-place when facing these situations.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by azzi-charbel » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:06 pm

Hello Again,
I have been a developer in Drupal CMS for more than 5 years and can't tell you how much the support community for Drupal is super awesome.
No body complain about asked questions and everyone will try to help in any way possible.

Since I moved to Opencart, the first thing noted is the attitude of some users comlaining about us (new OC users) asking questions.
It is really sad that some users here wants $$$$ for every "Hello" I say in this community.

@straightlight can you just tell what is the wrong with my question to not get free support ? (Or you just needs me to pay for it to get a clear proffessional answer from you ?)

I do not need you support, and also I am not asking about a paid extension at all... I learning the concept of OC coding as I am coming from a totally different -way better- CMS and I have myself lost with a simple issue I failed to solve it... that's why i ran for help from this community...
Noting and hoping soon will be able to create good extensions and offered them for FREE to the community.

@by mona, you are such an inspiration and definitely a legendary member at least in my terms, thank you so much for your kind help, you have indeed guided me to the right track !

+1 for the TEAM !!!

Thank you again,