Post by nadgeo » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:36 pm

I recently purchased the Stripe Gateway PRO :: Apple Pay :: SCA :: 3D Secure by Digital Bird.

I run a site on OC3.0.3.2 and Journal 3 in a multistore environment. The extension works fine in the root www.domain.com but it does not work in the multistore at the subdomains eg uk.domain.com and au.domain.com.

I first raised the issue with Digital Bird on the 5 Nov 2020. On the 7 Nov Digital Bird requested a screenshot or video of the problem.

However, the problem is that in the subdomains the user cannot get focus on any of the card detail fields on the stripe popup. It is a difficult thing to screenshot or video! I explained this to Digital Bird on the 9th Nov, again explained the problem and that I have had to switch to a different payment gateway (one that works so customers can checkout).

I heard nothing back from Digital Bird until on the 3 Dec when I asked for a refund to which the response was "Our extension works perfectly for a multistore setup. If for any reason it doesn't for you, please provide us your FTP / admin access so we can help you to resolve the issue."

The classic response of requesting ftp and admin access to the site.

Now there are 3 issues with doing this:
1-This is a production site. Digital Bird is asking me to leave a non working payment gateway available to customers until they get a chance to look at it which well I think is a bad idea!
2-Giving access to my customers details is against the data protection laws in the countries where this site operates.
3-I have no commercial contract with Digital Bird and no recourse if they create any problems with the sites operation.

On 15 Dec 2020 I offered to setup Digital Bird Stripe Gateway PRO gateway in our test environment so they could see the issue first hand. But because they operate a license key which is only good for one installation I cannot do this. I have heard nothing back from Digital Bird.

So I expressed my opinion on the modules page on OpenCart - a shorter version of the above. But can you believe the developer can delete comments? This sheds a whole new light on the faith I put in the comments in the marketplace.

Digital Bird happily take your money but also happily ignore you if you run into issues with the module. Even worse they delete my comment - how sad.

I purchased Stripe Gateway PRO on their website so cannot request any help from OpenCart so I will have to try to take action with Stripe (who processed my payment) and attempt to trace details of Digital Bird but they are the no contact details or company registration on the website kind of deal.

I am not saying they are credit card fraudsters, users that resell other peoples extension or general scumbags but I wanted to share my experience with their poor aftersales support.

The lesson I learned: Don't buy a module on the basis of all the positive comments. The negative ones may have been deleted!

Gary

Post by OSWorX » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:07 pm

One more reason to buy over the Marketplace if the Seller seems not to be trustfull!
And having only good and positive comments should be one sign that there is something wrong.

Then you can contact the OpenCart MarketPlace Support and request the refund.
I am sure they will help you and set approbiate actions on this seller.
I would contact the support in any way and tell them your troubles, maybe they can help you also in this case.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by nadgeo » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:11 am

Definitely good advice @OSWorx

And if you are going to venture out into the wild west of extension sales outside of the OpenCart marketplace then check the sellers website for contact details other than just an email address! eg do they have a company registration? registered address? phone number? or do they prefer to hide behind the anonymity of the internet?

Post by jwweb » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:58 pm

Are you still using this plugin? We bought it butfound it had a big flaw in

catalog/controller/payment/stripepro.php

function checkoutwebhook{...}

that allowed checkout for free. See here for a fix

https://pastebin.com/18buWHRh

Post by nadgeo » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:04 am

Hey jwweb - no we defiantly do not use the Digital Bird Stripe extension. In hindsight a little bit of investigation would have revealed that Stripe actually have an official partner for Opencart:

https://stripe.com/partners/opencart-st ... nt-gateway

and it works great!