Post by ukroyc » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:35 am

. I created an opencart installation in a subdomain www.opencart.xxdomain.com (the domain name is for example) and later wanted to change to a more acceptable domain name of www.shop.xxdomain.com. I backed every thing up, exported my database, imported the database into the new location. I ftp'd all the web data including the storage folder to the new subdomain and I edited the config.php in both the root of the web and in the admin folder for the new database credentials etc. I was able to access the opencart store at the new subdomain www.shop.xxdomain.com and view the new shop environment but as soon as I started to navigate around the store, I saw that the URL in the browser switched to the old location of opencart.xxdomain.com. That site was still live as I had no intention to kill it before having the new one up and running. Can anyone explain where my new installation got this previous URL from and why it was using it?? Is it a cache thing or is it still coded somewhere? Do I have to give up and start afresh??

Post by straightlight » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:37 pm

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON