Post by fido-x » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:35 pm

scoobs001 wrote:... I am getting a few complaints about when my customers are registering on my site.

They are saying that the address fields, when they click or start to type their details, its coming up with other customers details.

I know browsers will save data and try to autofill if the box has the same name etc, but they are names that the customer has never heard of. (But also are not registered members of my site) ...

Any ideas?
And the computers being used by these customers were where?
Were these computers in a "public access" area, eg. an Internet cafe?

Yes, browsers will save form data and try to autofill if the box has the same name, however, if the browser has not been configured to clear this saved form data upon closing, it will be retained from one session to the next, from one user to the next.

Operators of public Internet access areas, like Internet cafes, need to ensure that the browser(s) being made available for use on their publicly accessible computers, are configured to clear all form data, passwords and histories when the browser is closed.

The bottom line here, this is not an OpenCart bug. It is a browser setting issue.

Modules for OpenCart 2.3.0.2
Homepage Module [Free - since OpenCart 0.7.7]
Multistore Extensions
Store Manager Multi-Vendor/Multi-Store management tool

If you're not living on the edge ... you're taking up too much space!

Expert Member

Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by CypherUK » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:46 pm

fido-x wrote:
scoobs001 wrote:... I am getting a few complaints about when my customers are registering on my site.

They are saying that the address fields, when they click or start to type their details, its coming up with other customers details.

I know browsers will save data and try to autofill if the box has the same name etc, but they are names that the customer has never heard of. (But also are not registered members of my site) ...

Any ideas?
And the computers being used by these customers were where?
Were these computers in a "public access" area, eg. an Internet cafe?

Yes, browsers will save form data and try to autofill if the box has the same name, however, if the browser has not been configured to clear this saved form data upon closing, it will be retained from one session to the next, from one user to the next.

Operators of public Internet access areas, like Internet cafes, need to ensure that the browser(s) being made available for use on their publicly accessible computers, are configured to clear all form data, passwords and histories when the browser is closed.

The bottom line here, this is not an OpenCart bug. It is a browser setting issue.
I tested it at home, on 3 separate browsers on 2 machines....no internet cafe' here.

Location - Essex, United Kingdom

Post by Daniel » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:49 pm

MatthewC wrote:
sliilvia wrote:When I receive an admin email notification that a customer has placed an order, the email itself appear to be formatted incorrectly. It looks like this with all the HTML formatting:

You have received an order.

Order ID: 12
Date Added: 28/07/2011
Order Status: Pending

Products
1x Mulberry Alexa Haircalf Messenger & Shoulder Bag (40625553) <span class="s_currency s_before">£</span>2,043.00

Order Totals
Sub-Total <span class="s_currency s_before">£</span>2,043.00
First Class Standard Post <span class="s_currency s_before">£</span>2.24
Total <span class="s_currency s_before">£</span>2,045.24

Customer order emails look fine

Can anyone tell me how to resolve this so admin emails appear correctly formatted please?

Many thanks

Using latest version of Opencart 1.5.1.1.

sliilvia
This formatting problem in the 'new order notification email to admin' is also present in the email notification sent to an affiliate when commision is added to their account.

You have received <span class="s_currency s_before">$</span>0.00 commission!
Your total amount of commission is now <span class="s_currency s_before">$</span>0.00.
just searched all the code in opencart and could not find s_currency s_before anywhere. this seems to be added by your email client.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by EdV » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:24 am

Hi,

In the ordermail there is standing only invoice number the invoice prefix does not show there. Is there a solution for because looking in the script everything looks oke. If i make a invoice form the order then de prefix will show on the invoice. But in the order.tpl is standing

Code: Select all

<?php echo $invoice_no; ?><br />
that seems to be oke to me.

Greeting
Ed

EdV

Post by jomeza001 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:15 am

I think i found a BUG.

I created 48 products - same Brand.

When Click on Search by Brand, Selecting "18 Results by page" there are THREE <Search Result > Pages.

However changing from page to page the results will display same products in different pages AND ALSO WILL NOT SHOW some products at all.

But if i select "50 Results by Page" then every product is shown.

I get same results in my LOCALHOST web store.

Anyone??

Post by JIM2Y » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:27 pm

Product Description, Manufacturer page Garbled Character.

in other language(Japanese ,Korean or Chinese) will Garbled,

substr() -----> mb_substr()

Post by ninogui » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:55 pm

ninogui wrote:hi reposting here, maybe someone cares to take a look
Got a problem in the product reviews, don´t really know if it´s a bug, but here it is;
Whenever a product review is added on front end, after admin validation it never shows on product in the front end. If any other review is added for any other product then the original one is shown and this last one takes its place in not showing
and so on
can anyone help please ?
thks in advance

never mind this issue, sorted out

Post by sergiubarbu » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:13 pm

hello

i have installed last version on : http://seoservicespace.com
there is a problem with opencart 1.5.1 in firefox (last version 6.0)
the index page shows truncated.
also i can't login in admin ( the "Login" button don't work)
your online demo (for 1.5.1) has the same problems
all these problems are just in mozilla
in IE all is ok.

i have a functional opencart 1.4.9.6 wich is 100% working in mozilla (same 6.0 version)

any ideea ?

Post by uksitebuilder » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:22 pm

Works fine for me in FF6

Clear your cache and make sure javascript is enabled.

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom

Post by sergiubarbu » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:12 pm

uksitebuilder wrote:Works fine for me in FF6

i have done that
javascript is enabled by default

same problems

Post by silencox » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:21 pm

When i opened product detail page in IE6 i get Operation Aborted

I tested on several computers ( windows 2k, Windows XP, ) with IE 6 SP2

also i opened demo page in IE6 ( Product Page: product id 42 Apple cinema display ) and i get same error

Image attached

Attachments

IE6-Operation_Aborted_error.JPG

IE6-Operation_Aborted_error.JPG (81.68 KiB) Viewed 3927 times

Post by uksitebuilder » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:39 pm

IE6 is not supported any longer.

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom

Post by ninogui » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:57 pm

1511 localhost here

Bug

- On customer side, when entering the order history and choosing one order, customer selects one single line product and chooses to return it. Regardless of choosing one or more product lines all of them show up on the next screen for product return, meaning customer has to remove product lines that are not in fact to return ? I consider this a bug because on the first screen the customer is being asked what to do with the selected products

- Also apparently customer is able to issue the return for any qty product, even much more than he ever bought ?

thks

Post by CypherUK » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:01 am

sergiubarbu wrote:
uksitebuilder wrote:Works fine for me in FF6

i have done that
javascript is enabled by default

same problems
Works OK in Chrome and Safari too - Have you tried different browsers?

Location - Essex, United Kingdom

Post by yest » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:12 am

hi..

im using oc 1.5.1.1 and have a problem... when i add a checkbox option i can see that the option added to the shopping cart but when i try to confirm the order its not leting me to go on ...
the second problem is that in the shopping cart i see the output text of the options with Questions marks and a half of the text .. i using an hebrew lang...

i uploded a pic and and point to the problem with an arrow..

i got an answer: http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=39286

saying that:

1. It is a bug in OC core code
2. to fix would require all substr() functions being replaced by mb_substr() function

This will not happen / be fixed that way because not every server has mbstring() functions/module installed with PHP by default.

I'm sorry but I do not know an easy fix for this.

Please post in the 1.5.1.1 bug topic where Daniel will see.

please help...what i have to do ?

thank u

Attachments

wpstore_1314181574671.png

wpstore_1314181574671.png (2.95 KiB) Viewed 3887 times

Post by tilesupply » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:16 am

Does the SVN copy of 1.5.1 have any of the bug fixes done in it.
As I know Daniel is hard at work with them.

Or is there a list that you can see all the bugs that have been confirmined and the info on how to fix each one.
This would help a lot, as the bug forum for 1.5.1.1 has info about bugs but how do you tell what ones have been confirmined by Daniel.

I know he does say that they have been fixed in the SVN, does this mean if I download the SVN those bugs will not be in it?
Sorry to be a pain lads.

Many Thanks
Paul

Post by opencartisalright » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:38 pm

Not a bug really, but a major PITA.

Why don't the banners have sort order? I can never get my banners to sort in the order I want them. Every time I go to modify something in the banner, it will randomly change the sort order to something else.

Post by lkfranklin » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:18 pm

not sure if its been logged or not but theres also a bug when adding products to 'featured' or 'bestsellers' or anywhere that the products are meant to appear in a dropdown when you start typing. uksitebuilder has also tested this with me and confirms the problem.

i've also tested it on 1.5.1.1 and 1.5.1 and the problem occurs on both versions but is fine on 1.5.0

Post by Bic » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:47 pm

Sorry but I see that no one answers me, if taxes do not appear is not a bug? someone can explain me if I'm wrong, or imposed something wrong ... thanks to all
http://test.htmlservices.it/admin
user: test
pass: test

Bic

Post by tilesupply » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:27 pm

Hi Daniel

Is there anyway we can have a bug fix template/forum

Example
Confirmed Bug

How to Fix
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Find code xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
in xxxx/xxxx/xxxx/xxxx.php etc

Replace with

This forum could be locked by the mods, so that the only information on it would be bug fixes.

Many Thanks