Post by HerbalGrow2021 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:22 pm

Hello Guys,
so i tried to access my website via my admin panel , however i received an error message from my hosting company stating the following
"Error 429 to many concurrent accesses"
I have noticed now that i get bombarded by spammers/bots , which are fake registering /Login , they are also sending spam emails with attached files to my support email adress.
I contacted my hosting company and changed the domain path to " This domain is parked by easyname" So they are at least not directly on my website

I am really completly overwhelmed and unsure what to do.
I am very new to opencart and do not know how to handle this situation.

If there is any kind soul who is willing to help me solve this dilema , then i would be very very grateful .

Have a great day!

Location - Austria

Post by Gergely » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:31 pm

Hi HerbalGrow2021,

It might rather have to do with the DDoS many have been experiencing this morning.
You might want to try this fix: viewtopic.php?f=179&t=225771&start=20#p836204

And there are other very useful suggestions in that thread about fake accounts as well that would be worth implementing.

Hope this helps!
Gergely

Post by HerbalGrow2021 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:29 pm

Thank you very much!
I was very concerned until i have read your message.
The opencart community is amazing. Thank you so much !

Location - Austria

Post by fegdeed » Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:59 am

You can also enable the google recaptcha extension for both registration and contact pages. It may help to reduce spam on the frontend.
For admin, you can also take a look at this thread viewtopic.php?f=179&t=225771.
The best way will be to use a firewall, you can try https://dash.getastra.com/seal/verify/B ... fe_Rb7rzxS.

Get a secure, fast, and reliable web hosting service from https://turnuphosting.com.

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:37 am

HerbalGrow2021 wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:22 pm
Hello Guys,
so i tried to access my website via my admin panel , however i received an error message from my hosting company stating the following
"Error 429 to many concurrent accesses"
I have noticed now that i get bombarded by spammers/bots , which are fake registering /Login , they are also sending spam emails with attached files to my support email adress.
I contacted my hosting company and changed the domain path to " This domain is parked by easyname" So they are at least not directly on my website

I am really completly overwhelmed and unsure what to do.
I am very new to opencart and do not know how to handle this situation.

If there is any kind soul who is willing to help me solve this dilema , then i would be very very grateful .

Have a great day!
How about more information about your website? What version are you using, are passwords strong, what's the domain, does it use basic security practices?

2 Week FREE Trial of our Shared Hosting plans (DIrectAdmin or cPanel) for new customers
2 Week FREE Trial of Astra Firewall and Malware Scanner
Visit our website for full details and to start your trial today - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA