Post by auto-mafia » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:10 am

Yes I am a total OC noob. I have been searching for a couple hours trying to figure this out. I uninstalled my banner and carousel or whatever and the thing that shows best or popular products. I did this when I added a new theme. Now after reinstalling them I cant figure out how to set them up to show back up.

IF someone has a link to a walk through of this or can just tell me I would greatly appreciate it.

Im using the newsest 2.02 version.

My site:

http://www.shop.auto-mafia.com

Also if you have any suggestions please let me know. I am obviously still working on it.

Post by rph » Fri May 01, 2015 1:58 am

Go to Extension > Module and make sure Bestsellers and Banner are installed and enabled. Make sure you have at least one Module Name created for each, e.g. you see "Bestseller > Some Name" in the list of modules. I like to use descriptive names for which section the module is configured for like "Column Left" ("Bestsellers > Column Left").

Next go to System > Design > Layouts. Edit the section you want to add them to (such as Home). Click the add button. Select the module ("Bestsellers > Column Left"), the position ("Column Left"), and the sort order. I like to do the sort order in multiples of ten starting at ten. That way I can make a quick change in ordering without having to modify sort order for every module.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by auto-mafia » Fri May 22, 2015 7:43 am

solved thanks

Post by vasiljonka » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:11 pm

Hi, there,

I'm OC newbie as well. I'm using the newest version 2.03

I'm trying to put my "Bestseller" module on Home, in Column position (Left/Right), but unfortunately I get "width" bug! It appears shrieked to 25% of the element width, while the other modules put on the same column (Category and a banner) are ok!! :( Can u help me fix that?

Thank you!

Attachments

Capture.PNG

capture of the width bug - Capture.PNG (469.58 KiB) Viewed 804 times