Post by timeshell » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:29 am

Paypal Express module isn't working after upgrading to 2.3.0.2. I had to switch to the Paypal Standard.

When submitting the checkout after selecting the payment method, it gets a http error 500 with Paypal Express. Paypal Standard correctly goes to the Paypal site.

Any direction on how to resolve this?

Post by artcore » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:26 am

A 500 server error is very broad. Can you check the error_log in your public_html and tell us the exact error?

Attn: I no longer provide OpenCart extensions, nor future support - this includes forum posts.
Reason: OpenCart version 3+ ;D

Thanks!

Location - The Netherlands

Post by timeshell » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:02 am

[Wed Aug 17 11:52:54.896157 2016] [:error] [pid 26742] [client 198.84.143.118:63083] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Error: Could not load model payment!' in /var/www/html/opencart2.2/system/storage/modification/system/engine/loader.php:169\nStack trace:\n#0 [internal function]: Loader->{closure}(Array, Array)\n#1 /var/www/html/opencart2.2/system/engine/proxy.php(25): call_user_func_array(Object(Closure), Array)\n#2 /var/www/html/opencart2.2/catalog/controller/extension/payment/pp_express.php(1337): Proxy->__call('paymentRequestI...', Array)\n#3 /var/www/html/opencart2.2/catalog/controller/extension/payment/pp_express.php(1337): Proxy->paymentRequestInfo()\n#4 [internal function]: ControllerExtensionPaymentPPExpress->checkout()\n#5 /var/www/html/opencart2.2/system/storage/modification/system/engine/action.php(51): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\n#6 /var/www/html/opencart2.2/catalog/controller/startup/router.php(25): Action->execute(Object(Registry))\n#7 [internal function]: ControllerStartupRouter->index()\n#8 /var/www/html/opencart2.2/system/storage/modification/system/engine/action.p in /var/www/html/opencart2.2/system/storage/modification/system/engine/loader.php on line 169, referer: http://store.timeshell.ca/index.php?rou ... t/checkout

Post by artcore » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:15 pm

I just installed my own 2.3.0.2
I'll see if I can reproduce this error.
It's either a missing file at catalog/extension/model/payment/pp_express.php or something is broken.

"Could not load model payment!"
There is no model/payment file. I've seen this too in another thread for controller/common not found.

Attn: I no longer provide OpenCart extensions, nor future support - this includes forum posts.

Thanks!

Post by timeshell » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:10 am

Isn't the file now suppose to be under /catalog/controller/extension/module/payment now? And if so, I do have the file there in that folder.

Post by artcore » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:21 am

http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=191&t=166012
That's the thread I mentioned earlier, hopefully it helps

Thanks!

Post by Qphoria » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:18 am

timeshell wrote:Isn't the file now suppose to be under /catalog/controller/extension/module/payment now? And if so, I do have the file there in that folder.
Because you upgraded from a previous version, you now have 2 copies of the files
admin/controller/payment/pp_express.php
and
admin/controller/extension/payment/pp_express.php

OpenCart 2.3.x is trying to support backwards compatibility with older mods but instead that just causes problems because now you have files in both locations so it tries to load them both. And it confuses which one it should load if the other doesn't exist.

The best solution is to delete the following folders and files within:
catalog/model/total
catalog/model/payment
catalog/controller/payment
catalog/model/shipping
catalog/controller/module
admin/controller/total
admin/controller/payment
admin/controller/shipping
admin/controller/module

Administrator

Post by timeshell » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:37 am

I already did that. That's when I started getting the errors!!