Post by soamjena » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:59 pm

Hi, we have a magento store with 33000 products and we want to change it to opencart now.
And we started the work, and found a major drawback.
The image upload doesnt upload the pictures directly. And I have to scroll to 1000s of folder to search image and select.
Its too long process.
IN magento, we simply select files and it uploads and shows in the same product.

That it.

Post by labeshops » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:44 pm

I switched to using http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... n_id=16965 which is soooo much better than the default 2.x image manager.

You can upload all your images via ftp, btw.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by soamjena » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:55 pm

But how will you know which files to goto which product ?

For example, its a tough job to browse 100000 folders even on web or even on FTP

Post by artcore » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:10 pm

soamjena wrote:Hi, we have a magento store with 33000 products and we want to change it to opencart now.
Hi,
Are you importing the products by means of excel, csv or similar? In that case you could use an extension to process the images automatically from magento to oc.
No need to touch the filemanager ;D

Attn: I no longer provide OpenCart extensions, nor future support - this includes forum posts.
Reason: OpenCart version 3+ ;D

Thanks!

Location - The Netherlands

Post by soamjena » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:02 pm

No the point is, why core Opencart has such complex process ?
It could be simply upload and show.

Instead of browsing folders and scrolling 1000s of pages.

Post by IP_CAM » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:29 am

soamjena wrote:No the point is, why core Opencart has such complex process ?
It could be simply upload and show. Instead of browsing folders and scrolling 1000s of pages.
Well, why not just create an extension, to do all this automatically, if you don't like it, as it comes !? :D
I just fear, you underestimate the complexity of such, how should a Code be able, to find out, what belongs to what.
Not even in a simple Site Setup, consisting a a few html/php Pages, such would be possible automatically.

But offering 33K Products, it should not be a financial problem to engage a Pro, if you really need a more simple
Solution. Or stay with Magento, then, you would not have worry about anything, because there are more complex
processes in OC, you'll possibly run into... ;)

Good Luck anyway, and be aware, we have no influence, on how OC works. We can just take it, use it, or leave it.
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by soamjena » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:18 pm

The point is, simplicity.
If the CMS is so famous and effective, then those small things should be out of the box as simple.

Magento is crazy complex, but the every tit bit is made for even layman.

Post by IP_CAM » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:34 pm

I don't know Magento, I just heard, that if offers much less, for free or cheap, at least.
And this makes a big difference. If OpenCart would release Enterprise Editions,
and everything in between, I believe, more funds would be available, to have a
great big range of high-grade Professionals, instead of a Bunch of Code-Freaks,
trying to beat themselfs, in order to enable uncounted masses of empty-pocket
Users some income, for just about free. Basically. The way, I look at it, at least... ;D

Don't take this seriously, but accept, what it is. And as long the Majority of paid
Extensions for OC is placed pricewise far off Magento Mod's, one should not complain, or even compare...

It's all about money, in the real World. We all have to accept this Fact. Nothing perfect really comes for free.
Probably for you too, otherwise, you would sure have no reason, to think about moving from Magento to OC ! ;)

Nothing personal, I just felt so...
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by yowchuan » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:46 pm

Totally agree with IP_CAM. Some of these OC extensions are even more profitable (or should I say more cash positive since OC is free) than the OC project.

So, we can complaint as much as we like, but when you don't actually pay for the software, you are really not entitled to any 'support', except from the community of OC users.
IP_CAM wrote:I don't know Magento, I just heard, that if offers much less, for free or cheap, at least.
And this makes a big difference. If OpenCart would release Enterprise Editions,
and everything in between, I believe, more funds would be available, to have a
great big range of high-grade Professionals, instead of a Bunch of Code-Freaks,
trying to beat themselfs, in order to enable uncounted masses of empty-pocket
Users some income, for just about free. Basically. The way, I look at it, at least... ;D

Don't take this seriously, but accept, what it is. And as long the Majority of paid
Extensions for OC is placed pricewise far off Magento Mod's, one should not complain, or even compare...

It's all about money, in the real World. We all have to accept this Fact. Nothing perfect really comes for free.
Probably for you too, otherwise, you would sure have no reason, to think about moving from Magento to OC ! ;)

Nothing personal, I just felt so...
Ernie

Post by labeshops » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:55 pm

soamjena wrote:But how will you know which files to goto which product ?

For example, its a tough job to browse 100000 folders even on web or even on FTP
If you organize things well, this isn't an issue. I upload my images by manufacturer and name my images "xxxx-what-picture-is-seo-keywords.jpg" where xxxx is the product code and the rest is for seo purposes. I also add my products one at a time so I sorted the images in the folder by date descending so they are right at the top of the folder when I am ready to add the images for that product. Takes very little time.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:49 pm

soamjena wrote:No the point is, why core Opencart has such complex process ?
It could be simply upload and show.

Instead of browsing folders and scrolling 1000s of pages.
The folders are optional if you create them but it is a way of staying organized. I agree that it would be nice if there was one less step so that after you upload the file, it's automatically assigned but I'm not sure if that's possible. There is a search function within the image manager and as others have said, there are 3rd party extensions to change the behavior of image manager.

Opencart Hosting Plans, Domain Registration, Microsoft and Google Email and More
Visit our website for great deals and most importantly, fast and friendly support - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA