Post by krikeyuk » Wed May 26, 2021 10:22 pm

I'm running a 2.3.0.2 OC site and made a copy a number of weeks ago which at the time included all the database records such as orders, customers, products, categories etc.

Since then, I've worked on a DEV version of the site, applying a new theme, a couple of new extensions and modules and of course, the user data is out of sync.

Is there a recognised method/process for ensuring that when I move the DEV site (code and Database) across to the LIVE environment, that the all the data relating to users, orders, discounts, products, categories etc. is retained? Is there a list of tables that I should essentially leave on LIVE to retain this data?

Post by straightlight » Thu May 27, 2021 8:29 pm

krikeyuk wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 10:22 pm
I'm running a 2.3.0.2 OC site and made a copy a number of weeks ago which at the time included all the database records such as orders, customers, products, categories etc.

Since then, I've worked on a DEV version of the site, applying a new theme, a couple of new extensions and modules and of course, the user data is out of sync.

Is there a recognised method/process for ensuring that when I move the DEV site (code and Database) across to the LIVE environment, that the all the data relating to users, orders, discounts, products, categories etc. is retained? Is there a list of tables that I should essentially leave on LIVE to retain this data?
Magical incident request. At this point, it would be best to create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum, or contact me directly via PM from the forum, to have this sync issue solved as a custom job.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON