Post by pghmediaking » Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:24 am

Ive scoured this forum and google for an answer and none of the threads can answer my question so here we go:

site URL www.berserkathletics.com
opencart Version 2.1.0.1

I am attempting to change css colors of elements within the theme stylesheet.css but nothing is appearing as it is in the style sheet. I am certainly changing the right stylesheet located in catalog>view>theme>theme500>stylesheet>stylesheet.css and I know the file is uploading back to the server after I am done. I am hard refreshing the browser, but still nothing shows up. I feel its a cache issue with opencart and Im not too familiar with clearing the cache of opencart. Ive checked the cache in system>cache. The only thing in that folder is index.html and a security folder which has .htaccess in it. I am pretty new to opencart and I cant for the life of me understand why this is happening all of the sudden when it has never happened before. Can someone please help?

Post by by mona » Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:19 am

I cant for the life of me understand why this is happening all of the sudden when it has never happened before
That would suggest to me that your service provider has added caching.

It is always a good idea to list what you have tried, but yes it does sound like a caching issue.
It is also a good idea to explain the change you have made - so that others can check if it is taking effect as we can’t know what it is supposed to be.
It is the correct file you are changing.

There is another possibility that despite changing the correct file a later css file has a different directive. You can add the !important directive and change something else just to double check. It is also possible that you have a closing tag missing, but the most likely is caching, but without knowing the change it is not possible to check.

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by pghmediaking » Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:36 am

Im trying to change the navigation button color and hover. As of now if you inspect the page using chrome dev tools you will see that #6F5746 is the brown background color in this css stylesheet https://berserkathletics.com/catalog/vi ... esheet.css. The actual color I have in the server file is #012e75 for the button background color and the hover background color is #a8bcc0. None of what I have in the style sheet is updating on the website but again it is in the file which is on the server. Also there are no hanging characters causing an error.

Post by by mona » Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:47 pm

Thank you

check you cache control headers - viewtopic.php?t=212972
check your htaccess file - viewtopic.php?f=202&t=226042&start=20
and check with your service provider.

you can search google using the terms above for more info. The oddity is that you have said that it just happened and never happened before. That would suggest to me that your service provider has made a change.

As a thought you said you cleared cache in Opencart - you did clear css cache in the dashboard top right correct?
EDIT (scrub the dashboard you also did say OC2 - its late :) )

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member